Planet fitness...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RollTide, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree. I don't like the idea that they base their advertising campaign by bashing people who are most serious about working out just to appeal to those who are newbies but that is a business tactic that seems to be working.

To be honest the best customer for a place like PF or any gym is somebody who doesn't work out, doesn't use the equipment but keeps paying every month.

I really can't do any serious dead lifting or squatting anyway because i have borderline high on muscle enzyme tests. My CK's were running at 500 when i was using 400 lbs on the squat machine and more than that on the leg press machine. So i have to tone that down but that is how you really pack on the muscle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

YEP, I totally agree with this. When I found out the Y had different rates depending on who you were/what you were I left it. Not to mention that the weight room etiquette is non existent in the ones I used anyways.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We talk about the anti body builder mentality PF and other gyms have. Read the posts by JC Brave and you see what that mentality is.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I judge myself by the number of exercises i do every week. An exercise for me is 2 sets of 10. I get on a machine and do a set of ten and then rest for about 15 seconds and do another. That's one exercise. Sometimes i'll bang out 3 sets 1.5 exercises. A full workout is 10 exercises.

At the Y i was averaging 23 exercises a week. 2.3 workouts basically. I was not going enough and not always doing a full workout because the machine i needed was not available or i was not motivated.

Since starting at Planet fitness i'm averaging 35 exercises a week or 3.5 workouts. So 50% more than at the Y and if anything that is growing. My goal is 40.

This morning i walked in there and pounded out 8 exercises. 3 of them on the abs which i wanted to concentrate more on. During 7+ years at the Y i NEVER worked out on a sunday ever!

5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

I have a penis too, I prefer yoga :cool:
    [​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And if you don't set off the Lunk Alarm, your workout is useless.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

gains bros, gains

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar