Picking Locker over Kaepernick, biggest mistake this Titans ever made

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The thing about Kaep is, would we have used him correctly? The players and coaching staff seem to suggest no.

He would likely be a wild runner here and not have as much touch on his throws due to the fact he would have a defender in his face. Our number one problem is the offensive line right now. We could any QB in the league and they would probably be putting up average numbers now. I know QBs are the 'hot' position right now, but I believe they get too much credit for all these wins.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It is absolutely priceless to go back and read that thread and see all the posts DW makes, hating on Kaepernick... and he still hates on the guy.

DW, I love ya, dude (no homo), but you were dead wrong on this one. I was too, but I wasn't the one constantly bashing the kid and saying he could not be an NFL QB.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The greatest thing about this thread is when no one answered RollTide's obvious attempts at making race a factor he answered it himself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I thought about taking the bate, but I just didn't feel like it. Fry already proved his first point wrong and the same applies to Luke K. He may hate me, but he loves my nuts.

5. RavensShallBurn

Well, I was unable to find me saying anything bad about Kaepernick.

So I must say that I wanted us to draft Watt at #8, trade up in the second round one pick before the 49ers were up and select Kaepernick.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

No one here wants a losing product. No one likes being affiliated with a losing team... however being mad negative and not really having a better outlook on it, doesn't change anything. It just comes off as whiny.

If you were being sarcastic about the whole more time thing or not I'm not even sure, everything sounds negative so I took it that way. That's the beauty of text, no visual connotation.

Anyways, when someone complains, I enjoy seeing their vision of how things can get better... NOT what ifs about the past ... People here on this forum have a hard time excepting the past. They like to say this and that about who we drafted and blah de blah de blah.

Bring something substantial to the conversation, not just complaints and passed grievances.

Hey guess what I spent about 10 minutes the year Kaep came out watching him throw the ball... What did I bring from that? I was like NOPE And moved on. His throwing motion was absolutely trash and he ran all over the place, I didn't see a future 49er lead Super Bowl with him at the helm.... Not a chance. I was WRONG. And I'm totally fine with that. Maybe our FO was wrong... Happens..

My point I was making, is even if we wanted to restart now I wouldn't blame us, but I don't see a QB that could do it for us this year...maybe he's out there, but we can build the foundation while we wait to see if locker is it or if we need to spend another high pick on a QB... The 49ers didn't draft every player in one draft, they didnt hit on everything over the years with smith... But they kept big pieces to the puzzle and found a way to make it work.

That long term investment is needed. The reinfeldt years screwed us up.

7. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Really? Aside from his throwing power Kaepernick has hardly impressed me. I doubt he becomes a 'franchise QB'. Not saying that Locker will be either, but Kaepernick? Really?

8. RavensShallBurn

Highest rated QB in the league from his first start all the way through the Super Bowl, and people are still hating on him. Hilarious.

Kaepernick's 10 starts:
    7-3 record, 169/272 (62.1%), 2,406 yards, 14 TD, 5 INT, 101.4 rating; 67 rushes, 502 yards, 5 TD (28.8 PPG)

Haters gonna hate.

He will win multiple Super Bowls.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

IDK about multiple superbowls but he's certainly going to have a better career than Locker for sure. We can never make the right decision. He might win one.

10. RavensShallBurn

He's 25 years old and barely lost a Super Bowl (that he would've won if the refs called a fair game).

He's gonna win one... very soon. He'll continue to get better, and the Niners are so stacked in every way imaginable.

If they get Bowe, Wallace, or Jennings, it's game over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar