Pick up Cedric Benson NOW!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, all I've done is whine Gunny.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think we should pick up Benson, sign Chris Henry the WR and next year we can make a play for Odell Thurman.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Next year's free agent class is too good just to settle for Benson. Save the money for next off-season.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

cedric benson???? seriously??

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well take that road and stop whinging about Chris Johnson.

No just yours.

No and I readily admit this.
    However I am not praising or denouncing anyone who HASN'T played in the NFL yet. Unlike you who keeps on crying about it.

quote]And then once the draft goes on, you just praise everything the Titans have done.[/quote]

quote me where I said that.

quote me on that as well.

So is your constant complaining.

Not if I have to deal with cry babies because they didn't draft their favourite player.

about what?

oh you mean those guys no one else wants?
    I may as well use your own logic against you here.

You theorise because a guy is on an NFL team he is better than someone who isn't.
    Well using that theory, Chris Johnson is better than Cedric Benson at al because he is on an NFL team and Benson isn't.

But I guess your theory only applies when you want it too.

lol IF? and IF CJ runs for 2000 yards and wins rookie of the year what will you say.

That is the point you CLEARLY fail to comprehend. There is no point bashing a pick who hasn't played.

I have more than your 'Oh CJ wah wah wah. We picked CJ wah wah wah. Why couldn't we pick Limus Sweed in the first wah wah wah, never mind no one else picked him in the first and most of the second wah wah wah. I wanted Sweed mummy!!"

:rolleyes:

I await your prove I said what you claim I said as well.

Since you can't quote me on anything else above, I won't even ask you to quote me on this one.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I see no reason to even approach Benson. This is the same guy, when asked after his last year of college if he would rather have a National Championship or a Heisman actually answered the latter. He is all about himself. After he got his payday, his effort was nonexistant. I want football players.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Not related to your post, but your user name is Titans2008, yet you've been a member since 06. Do you change your name every year or have you been waiting anxiously for the past two years in anticipation for the 08 season?

8. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

9. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Nooooo!!!!! He's gabage.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Read the TE thread, I overly support Crumpler and our TEs as the best in the AFC south. I see a positive direction, which I mentioned before, in what CJ can bring to the table. It's an interesting take on Vince's skill sets, confusing the front 7 on who to watch for, QB, RB, or TE. I've said that in several different threads.

But as usual, you'll ignore that so you can flame other TITANS fans and call them whiny cry babies... and why? Because they watch a sport you don't (NCAA Football) and have an opinion not only on the players that play college ball... but also on the direction they want the franchise to go. Which has been my main beef.

I've enjoyed this forum, as a place to discuss all things Titans, from individual players, to games, to overall direction of the franchise, to management, ownership... I enjoy those discussions, because generally I'm more knowledgable about the game then most of my friends that I idly chat with in day-to-day life about the Titans. GuT and RollTide have had some really interesting back and forth discussions lately that I've enjoyed reading.

Why bring up CJ in a thread like this? I only did so to show another example of a running back we could've added to the team without using a draft pick. If CJ becomes the next Walter Peyton obviously it was the best draft pick to make. But what if Merling because a 10 times future pro-bowl defensive end? And Alexander could've filled in for us this season? Or Chris Henry actually catches on to the game and plays outstanding? I bash the CJ pick not because of the player, but because of the needs and direction of the Titans. If you really read my posts, you should've picked up on that.

I don't know, it's a forum, I thought it was a place to discuss such things. If GoTitans is only a place to say positive things about draft picks and current players, then it really isn't a website I need to visit.

So Gunny, if there is a way you can put me and my posts on ignore, please do so. Because these back and forth hissy fits aren't really improving my day or experience at GoTitans. It's a waste of my time, your time, and anyone else's time that has to read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar