Pick up Cedric Benson NOW!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

To me, it's just the fact we could've added any of the above to LW and Chris Henry and had a solid 3 running backs going into the season.

Which is why I say CJ better be damn outstanding for it to be worth using a first round pick on him.

Because if he's just decent-good, we could've had that and it wouldn't have cost us a draft pick.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We could have...if the Front Office had the ability of future sight...:rolleyes:

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Whether you agree with them or not the Titans FO was committed to adding speed and big play ability to the offense. None of the backs you listed would have accomplished that... and obviously the front office felt that Johnson would bring more to the table in 08 than any of the WR's available to them in the first round.

Regardless, all of the guys you listed have serious issues and are free agents for good reason.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Like I said, CJ better make that much difference and be that amazing, because we could've signed a servicable backup RB without using a draft pick.

And with that draft pick, yeah we could have a new WR, or CB, or DE.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or we could have signed Berrian, Samuel or Odom/LaBoy, don't hear you whinging about that.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

It's funny the only deal that the Titans didn't make that truly annoys me is the Chris Chambers for a second round pick deal that the Bolts made during last season. Chambers would have helped immensely down the stretch run and would have more or less solved an issue that's been dogging this franchise since D-Mase's departure.

The Chargers have the best front office in football... hopefully MR/JF combo will eventually prove to be as adept.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

cedric benson sucks....id rather have christine brown back

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I heard they invited OJ to a workout..

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

How you can even compare these two men is beyond me and rediculous. One is having fun on Lake Travis with a bunch of people of all ages on his boat and then gets drunk on 6th street in Austin, the other is having shootouts at strip clubs in HOTLanta and Vegas. Yeah, they're two of the same. First of all, if you've ever been to Austin, you can understand what happened immediately, no excuses. But to group him in with Adam Jones is like grouping an educated white person with a piece of Louisiana Coon-*** white trash, just insulting.

TitanBuoy, you're better than that.:hmm:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Always a little truth in jest. Classic prejudice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar