Pick the games Vince might start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 22, 2006.

?
  1. -Dallas (Oct.1)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Indy (Oct. 8 or Dec. 3)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. @ Washington (Oct. 15)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Houston (Oct. 29 or Dec. 10)

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  5. Baltimore (Nov.12)

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  6. Jacksonville (Nov.5 or Dec.17)

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  7. @ Philly (Nov. 19)

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  8. NY Giants (Nov.26)

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  9. @ Buffalo (Dec. 24)

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  10. New England (Dec. 31)

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

On the contrary, I think it would be good. Whatever the performance, he knows he played a stout D. It will just pump him up for the next time he plays a softer D and wants to show what he's got. There will always be dominating defenses in the NFL, there are now, there will be next year, and beyond. We gotta stop handling these guys with white gloves

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It's a catch 22. If you play him against a stout D, that experience will slow all other games down for him, however, the hype machine will want to blow him apart for a bad performance, which is not good for confidence in the franchise. Even if Young has enough confidence to overcome, after being chased down by the ravens, the franchise will take a hit financially. They would prefer Young blow out of the gates like a race horse. So there are some good reasons not to do it. That said, the reverse can happen to, if he plays well, the hype machine kicks in to overdrive and his confidence soars. I don't think I would do it, but I do believe Young is strong willed, and will make no difference to him. His Heisman loss and consequent performance in the rose bowl said all I needed to know. He's one confident mother.....

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

week 8 - home vs Houston is one thing
    week 9 v Baltimore is another

now if the Ravens showed up in his 4th or 5th game then it'd be easier to pull the trigger - but not in his 2nd

might let him play Jax on Dec. 17th

4. A lot of people are saying Young will start week 8 and beyond...and that is what will happen without a doubt...I don't like the idea of ''throwing him to the wolves'', but its gotta happen sooner or later even with a **** penalty stricken O-Line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar