Pick the games Vince might start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 22, 2006.

?
  1. -Dallas (Oct.1)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Indy (Oct. 8 or Dec. 3)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. @ Washington (Oct. 15)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Houston (Oct. 29 or Dec. 10)

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  5. Baltimore (Nov.12)

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  6. Jacksonville (Nov.5 or Dec.17)

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  7. @ Philly (Nov. 19)

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  8. NY Giants (Nov.26)

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  9. @ Buffalo (Dec. 24)

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  10. New England (Dec. 31)

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I want to put a new spin on the Vince saga
    Instead of handing the reigns over completely, I'm going along with an idea I heard John McClain propose back during camp.

Basically the premise is that Vince might see extended playing time (a half or more) or possibly start in a few games, and see little action in others. I like the idea and believe that it's possible and prudent

Vince HAS to see time this year - for next year's sake
    but when ?

here we go - please choose *POLL* (as many as you wish) the games in which Vince will either see extended playing time or start

I personally would NOT start Vince aginst Baltimore or Buffalo or either Jacksonville game, and it's borderline on @ Indy / @ Washington ,home vs. NE or Dallas

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

houston and beyond

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

start every game after the bye week (none before)...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's really interesting. I agree about the not starting against Jacksonville. I'd have to think about that one... :hmm:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think we can all agree, his first game should not be against the ravens. Although, if he torched the ravens, that would launch the hype machine to an ungodly level. Maybe he starts after the Raven game if we are that bad.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I like playing him (Week 8) at home vs. Houston

but I would sit him vs. Jax (week 9) and Baltimore(week 10)

and then re-insert him (week 11) @ Philly and continue for NYG / Indy (both home) and @ Houston - sit him vs. Jax and @ Buffalo and flip a coin (week 17) home vs. New England

That should appease both the people who want to see him in there (against low-risk opponents) and those who are skittish about the brutality of Baltimore and Jacksonville

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ok, explain to me why everyone wants to see him play the low risk teams? He is going to have to play against these tough d's sooner or later, so why not let him get those notches under his belt sooner?

8. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Our Oline is sad

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm not sure you'd want to toss him in there vs. Jacksonville AND Baltimore in back-to-back games
    let him see Indy and Houston and MAYBE let him see Jax (week 15 @ home) for divisional play sake

but ammo, the issue here is putting him in front of two of the leagues better defenses at the begining of his journey - that wouldn't be very smooth
    it would be kinda cool to see him and McNair duke it out though

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

at this point in time, get some work in the line of fire. Dallas and beyond. There's no use in wastin a season or 4 more games with that loser Collins. We picked VY #3, well let's get him in there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar