Pick a side

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 15, 2013.

?
  1. Offense

53.8%
  2. Defense

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have Shaw and Diles will be back. Witherspoon will be a cheap keep, and when did McRath get cut? His contract ran out and he was hurt, we didn't cut him though.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Offensive lines fault.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i agree with that... just watch some of the playoff games.... i think kaepernick and wilson are great but most of the credit goes to their line where they have so much time to think things through and make throws and plays.... with our line, we let the defense waltz in and break jake's shoulder...

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

none of those, are what I would consider depth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Offense needs 2 o linemen... One TE, one RB. (Maybe one QB....) this thing with these positions out side of the O linemen... We just need role players. Big RB, catching TE. Accurate QB.... I kid I kid... Kinda

Defense needs Safety, CB, MLB, DT and DE

The problem here is we actually need prominent players in some of these positions. Such as safety and CB, as well as DT. We just need a role player for now on DE. Depth. And a solid backup for McCarthy because he will get another shot to prove he's worth keeping outside of his injuries.

So to me... Prominent starters we need...

O - 2 linemen.
    D - Corner, Safety, DT.

(Yes we have a decent depth at DT but we lack the real push in the middle... So I still say that's a real need. We have role players there right now.)

6. Clark

And that ladies and gentlemen is like 3+ too many players to get in one offseason.

I figure we might come out of this draft with 2 of our biggest needs. Corner/O line. Or safety/O line.

Ill trust that our first two picks will be starters this year.

That's leaves another Lineman in FA, and all of our depth issues to late round picks and cheap pickups....

And almost certainly we will still be lacking either a starting SS or true number one corner.

It's just too much to get in one off season with a struggling FO and coaching staff. FAs are not gonna want to come here.

7. xpmar9x

Agreed. Locker literally had like 2 seconds to make a throw, and get sacked. He didn't even have time to get his second reads. The fact that CJ put up 1200 yards with this line amazes me. If we can just find a FA OG, draft Warmack, resign Velasco our offense will instantly be 100x better.

8. xpmar9x

FA --> OG
    Resign --> Cook (tagged, 1yr/5m isnt bad) & Velasco
    Draft --> SS, OG

We have two 'good enough' starters at CB (McC/Vern) and DT (Casey/Martin).

If we have any additional money in free agency look for CB, SS, DT, DE.

9. Clark

Actually it will be 40% better. Velasco will be standard average, the tackles will be above average still and hopefully at the very least the two guard wills be better than last year... So by smartassity and math... Definitely 40% better.

10. Clark

You can not win with those two CBs consistently. I really truely don't believe that. They are only "good enough" to be titans... And that's not saying much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar