Pick #85: Craig Stevens, TE, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Damn, I forgot about the CB position. We're really screwed if Harper or Finny goes down.

2. So who would you have had playing that spot on short yardage downs and special teams? Didn't you see what happens when we tried using TEs like Scaife and Troupe to block.

That was the value of a guy like Hartsock. This is an upgrade over Hartsock. And Stevens will probably be the #2 TE next season (if not this season) and starting in 3 years.

3. TM

TM Starter

Craig Stevens was a great pick for the Titans.

The Jags pick up two pass rushers, the Colts have Freeney and Mathis, Houston has M. Williams and posters want to know why we need someone to block at TE?

In addition, the best part of Stevens blocking ability is his ability to block in space.

You want C. Johnson to make some big plays in space? Put Stevens in front of him to take out the LB. Give Johnson one good block on the second level and its a potential TD.

As for his roster spot, last year the Titans carried Troupe, Scaife, Hartsock and Casey Cramer as a utility TE/FB/ H-back. Stevens takes Cramer spot and we still carry Crumpler, Scaife and Blakely.

Very smart move by the front office. Stevens will see the field early with a well defined role.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great pick!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4HSOoWjqEQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4HSOoWjqEQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He will be at least as good as kinney...

5. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Nice analysis.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I see him as a better blocking Cooley type H-Back. Not even joking.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I want to see two TE sets with him and Crumpler. Alge is supposed to be a good blocker, same for Stevens. That could be a better combo than Scaife/Hartsock. Hartsoch was very good as a blocker, but Scaife is very average (looks like he gives good effort though, gotta give him that).

Just wondering if our run game is helped out blocking wise with the roster changes. They say Scott is a little stronger of a blocker than Bell. Of course the other position on the o-line could be a bit of an unknown.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This guy probably looked at his cell phone when it rang, like "hmmm no way...uhh...hello?" enter Fisher "Hey, Craig. It's Jeff Fisher from the Titans" -craig gets excited- "WHAT??!! NO WAY! NO WAY MAN. Who is this? Huh? Who is it? Jesse, is that you??..." "Uh. I'm sorry? Anyway, we were going to let you know we selected you with our 85th pick in the NFL Draft"...

....silence...

"Well OK...JESSE, I mean, Jeff Fisher hur hur hur. I guess I'm a pro nfl player now! Haha suuuure. Hey, I'll be on a plane to Tennessee any minute now!! You just wait!"

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Everyone is talking about the kids toughness as a blocker and that video shows what a hard runner he is. But let us remember that stevens runs a sub 4.6 40 and will probably be at least as good a receiver as scaife has been.

A scaife caliber receiver and a hartsock caliber blocker. Great 3rd rd pick..

10. TM

TM Starter

I watched him last night in the East/West Shrine game that I have recorded. Its very apparent that Craig gives 100% all the time and plays till the whistle. He has very good speed to get downfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar