Pick #85: Craig Stevens, TE, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I have no idea how you inferred that from my post.

So you think "knock-out" blocks verse Pac10 d-linemen are equal to "knock-out" blocks verse SEC d-linemen? I mean, is it ok to point out that those awesome blocks weren't against many future NFL d-lineman? There were 4 players drafted this season from the Pac10. 2 Players from USC, both first round picks. A third rounder from UCLA and a seventh from Arizona. I'm just pointing out that this awesome blocker competed against defenses that were weak against his strength.

I'm hopeful he becomes a good player for the Titans. But I think people comparing him to Witten, one of the top5 or so TEs in the game right now, have pretty high expectations for Stevens.

Regardless, I think Crumpler will have the biggest impact at TE on our roster this year.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ozzie Newsome is a hell of a GM it's not a bad thing to be as "dumb" as him.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Unless you are picking a QB. :ha: Which we were not.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Stevens is the best blocking TE already on the team and will develop into a good catching TE because of his hand size and the fact Cal never used him. So we don't actually know how well he can catch.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wait... what? :suspect:

I do like your sig, war eagle.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sorry, I cant take the guy that thought steve mcnair would be their savior seriously.The Ravens are known as an old team with old talent. So maybe he was a good GM at one point, but not within the last decade (almost).

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i disagree.

just look at their first round picks.

96 jon ogden, ray lewis
    97 peter boulware
    98 duane starks
    99 chris mcalister
    00 jamal lewis
    01 todd heap
    02 ed reed
    03 terrell suggs
    05 mark clayton
    06 haloti ngata
    07 ben grubbs

if we drafted like that people would be screaming "greatest GM ever!"

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Crap I accidently deleted the rest of the post. Okay let me retry. Stevens has the ability to be a great catching TE. He has the attributes and intangibles to do so. Since Cal never utilized him we don't know how well he can play until a game situation, like I've read about comparisons of Witten. He could be a great dual, TE recieving and blocking, since he's already a great blocker. If he works at recieving then he could be a future starter. Better?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Exactly like I said. Those guys were drafted close to 10 years ago. (the good ones at least)

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what is your definition of "good"?

ed reed is a premier safety in the nfl. terrell suggs has 45 sacks in five years(kearse had 47.5). haloti ngata is a great run stuffing nose guard. it's too early to call grubbs a success, but he has played well thus far.

the only disappointment since 2000 is mark clayton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar