Pick #85: Craig Stevens, TE, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the 85th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans have selected TE Craig Stevens from California. Stevens is 6', 3", 254 pounds with a 4.59 40. He has adequate size and bulk to go with decent timed speed. Stevens is strong, tough and physical as a blocker. Last season, he had 204 receiving yards and three TDs for Cal.

NFL.com: Has a solidly built frame with ideal hand size for his position...Added more bulk and muscle mass to his frame prior to his senior year, but is probably at maximum growth potential without any more bulk impacting his good timed speed (also must play up to that speed, as he needs to refine his start off the snap)...Has a big chest, wide back and thick thighs and calves...Quick to get into position as a blocker, but is mechanical in his initial burst off the ball when trying to get into his patterns...Has the hand punch to defeat a strong press, but also knows how to weave and use head fakes to escape...Has a good swim move to get a clean release...Shows good patience working his way into the zone, but is better served as a receiver on underneath and tight end-delay patterns...Cuts better in the short area (will drift on long routes) and is a good target in the crowd...

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

booooooooooo. I'm joining the boo birds on this one. Kinda dumb I won't lie

3. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

s

a little dumbfounded at this one with scaife, crumpler, and even petrowski.....but it does send the message that we intend to run the ball at all costs.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's a friggin blockin' TE. Who the heck is going to catch the ball?

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

oh my god... are we trying to suck????because thats what it feals like... 3rd round still wr...

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Will be the next Wycheck

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We did that last year! How did it work out? It made our defense win all of our games.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

just kinda stared at the tv on this one.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

WE NEED TO CHASE MR OUT OF NASHVILLE. He is the worst picker of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pissed the **** off.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

and as far as this draft goes, I am highly suspicious the people we want keep getting taken right in front of us (Felix Jones, Sweed, Brad Cottam)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar