Pick #77: Damian Williams, WR, USC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/damian-williams?id=497336

Strengths
    Williams is a speedy receiver with good height for the next level. Very comfortable and effective running after the catch and has a lot of experience in the receiver screen game. Does a good job with his route running. Displays impressive ball skills and consistently extends to catch away from his body. Excels gaining separation with his quickness and savvy.

Weaknesses
    Williams has a slight build and questionable strength. Can be overwhelmed by bigger, stronger corners at the line and when the ball’s in the air. Durability’s a concern after suffering multiple injuries in college. Has some fumbling issues.

2. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Titans select USC receiver in third round

Damian Williams transferred from Arkansas to Southern Cal.[​IMG]

Link to full article.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

good pick IMO, WR Depth and a good Punt Returner.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Was this guy picked to be a PR/KR? I hope so, because this feels an awful lot like so many other failed mid-round WR picks the Titans have made in recent years.

I would probably have preferred defense (OLB or CB), but I'll hold out judgment until we see the guy play.

Fisher said the Titans tried to trade up to get this guy but he ended up falling to them anyhow.

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Looks like our 4th WR Spot & KR duties are shored up now!

At least we'll get some use out of him for KR!

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

There's our kick returner.......He's also a very good receiver. 1st team Pac-10. caught 70 balls and over 1000 yards with a true freshman throwing him the rock. He was the USC team MVP.

I think he'll end up getting either Williams, Edison or Hawkins spot on the roster.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

It's a good pick, considering during the season he was suppose to be a first rounder.

No disrespect to this site, but it's starting to get really annoying not being able to access this site during busy times..

9. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Damian Williams, Titans return man

[​IMG]NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Titans looked into trading up for Damian Williams and couldn’t pull it off. So they were thrilled he was around at 77th in the third round.

Jeff Fisher said Tennessee liked the fifth receiver taken in the draft so much they thought he would not make it through the middle of the second round. A skeptic might say part of that is surely to make things look better for a team that was without a second rounder, but I’m no skeptic.

Fisher called Williams an “all-around tremendous athlete,” a “complete receiver,” a good kick returner and a “very talented punt returner.”

He will have every chance to help solve things at a spot the Titans absolutely butchered last season.

His arrival surely spells doom for the long-lasting Paul Williams, the 2007 third-rounder who was a practice-squader last year and could mean the end for slow-to-catch-on Lavelle Hawkins (a fourth rounder from 2008).

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We actually got a 2nd round pick in Williams, and we still get another 3rd.

so we did good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar