Pick #54: Jason Jones, DE, Eastern Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Griffin was misused as a CB for months.

If Fisher holds true to form JJ will be playing and starting from day one - NO MATTER HOW TERRIBLE HE PLAYS.

The more the fans complain the more Lamont Thompson has his contract extended and Peter Sirmon plays out his contract as a starting MLB!

2. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

in case your wondering this blog is for people to tell everyone how good some players will be and how we should have gotten this guy even before he has put on a jersey... its called a opinion!!! and yes everyone has their own opinion about who we should have drafted or who we shoul have taken in free agency and yes most everyones opinion will be different... if everyones opinion was the same their would be no point of this blog whats so ever... but i know you have been right about every draft,every player and everything that has to do with the titans... so im hoping that when we fire reinfeld gunny should take over as g.m for the titans!!!! who's with me

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

oh and one more thing can anyone tell me who among runningbacks had the fastest 40 time last year at the combine????? yep you guessed it chris henry

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Just because I am sick of the wannabe GMs whinging about our picks and how they will be busts before they set foot on the field doesn't mean I profess to be an expert or that I am right.

I don't cry and moan and throw a tantrum because we didn't get the guy I wanted. The WRs everyone wanted were not first round material. First time in 17 years that no WR has been picked. What does that tell you about the quality of the WRs in this draft? More importantly what does that tell you about everyone with an opinion? They have no idea yet are hanging our picks already to be busts.
    It is moronic, irrational and pointless.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How is that relevant to anything?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MR has a "thing" for fast dudes in shorts

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Schwartz Comments on DE Jones

SUMMARY: Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz commented on the choice of DE Jason Jones taken in the second round. "He uses his arms and his hands extremely well," said Schwartz. "This is a guy that played inside. You talk about a school like Eastern Michigan, you don’t think of it as major competition, but they played Michigan, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. He played at the Senior Bowl and he was effective playing down inside against all of those people because of the long arms and leverage. It’s not a guy who doesn’t have some of the things you’re looking at. He has everything that you’re looking for. Just because he weight 273 didn’t mean he couldn’t compete inside. He did extremely well in those areas."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Just because he weight 273 didn’t mean he couldn’t compete inside. -J.S.

nice quote...:ha:
    yay! a DE! I was hoping for one on the first day.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yet you ***** and moan because fans are giving their opinions. That's pretty stupid and funny too. People have the right to speak on their negative opinions, hell that's what this forum is for. Titans fans giving opinions.

I think 50% of the people off the street could have equaled the amazing draft by the Titans.

I would love to have had Washington's draft.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Chris Henry was only a 4.4, so it's no comparison. That is not that fast. Plus he does not have the resume' that Johnson does. This was no reach. Johnson is a legitimate playmaker and was considered so. I don't see the comparison at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar