Pick #5 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The play at around the :20 mark is beautiful, and exactly what this offense should be running more. The routes of the other receivers are designed to clear out space beneath for Davis to have 1 on 1 coverage, which he wins with his quickness, Mariota hits him in stride, and he picks up enough YAC to get inside the 10. Combine that with ability shown on the downfield catch, and there is alot to be excited about.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

=(

Titans WR Corey Davis (hamstring) is day to day.
    Coach Mike Mularkey confirmed Davis is dealing with an aggravation of his training camp injury, which isn't encouraging. He could be given Week 3 off in an effort to get back to full health. If Davis does play, he will be less than 100 percent against the Seahawks' elite defense, making him a fantasy no-go.
    Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter
    Sep 18 - 3:26 PM

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No bueno...They better take their time with him...Hammy injuries are nagging

4. meekmode

meekmode Starter

thank god they put him back in the game... really needed him out there at the end.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mularkey is an idiot. It's plain and simple.

Re-injured his hamstring in the second quarter. He sits through halftime, all of the third, and most of the fourth. Then our genius coach sends him in the game injured and cold.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

He needs to come up big on Thursday. Gotta make up for poor play today

7. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

All due respect to those disappointed in Davis. Keep it in perspective that 1. He’s a rookie and 2. He’s been hurt all year.

Don’t be so quick to jump.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I don't know the exact stats but so far in the season and games played, Davis has 9 rec and 100 yards while Taywan has 11 rec for 174 yards. This says Davis is getting more targets and opportunities considering he's only been active in 4 games. Taywan so far has been hands down the better and more impactful rookie WR.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Davis can only catch what is thrown to him. There have been several times when he has had a step and Mariota has missed him.

10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

We are forcing the ball to him and trying to make him the man. I think Rishard should get the heavy targets. Davis and MM8 do not have the chemistry, will take time but I'm just pointing out he's been a let down for me considering a #5 pick. I'm not closing the books on him and saying bust but he needs to get better fast, we need him to make a deep run.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar