Pick #45: USC RB LenDale White

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even if all White did was pick up first downs on 2nd or 3rd and short and score TDs he would be worth the pick. What is strange is that Reese essentially passed on him and opted to trade down taking a chance of not getting him. There was not one really good power back in the whole draft except for White. I think he will be special and we essentially got 1st round value at #45.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree totally. How soon can he start working his leg?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it wont be like that for long.

brown-stays. i think he'll finish out the last year of his contract and bolt for something we wont be willing to pay him.

henry-stays. imo, should be the starter this year, but that's not up to me. has a pretty cap friendly deal which should allow him to stay for a few more years.

white- starter in '07 and possibly a starter for a game or two in '06 depending on injuries.

nash- stays. with brown leaving next year, i think he would be a better change of pace back to white than henry would be.

payton- goes. just not enough room for him. he's a feel good story, but he got his shot in the arizona game and he didnt take advantage of it.

fleming- goes. i honestly think bo scaife will bump him from the roster. i like fleming personally, but he got outperformed by scaife last year in every aspect of the game.

quinton ganther- practice squad/cut.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if lendale comes in healthy/in-shape to training camp and performs good in the preseason, he'll be the starter in week one hands down

call me crazy or whatever you want, but this will be the steal of the draft...

chow and fisher love this pick

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we'll have a "hands down starter," definitely not week one and probably not all season. I could see white emerging as the starter for next year, but right now, we have three VERY solid backs that all have the potential to be good starting running backs in the NFL, but none have been able to step up and show the consistency required for the title. I think we'll use all three a lot, and whoever comes out the strongest will get more and more time, and we'll have a starter by the end of the season for next year. I think unless brown has a really strong year he's gone. Travis is so cheap there's no reason to cut him, and White has a very promising future. While I've been insecure about our backfield since Eddie left, NO MORE!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chow might use him for certain situations. And with their history, Brown and/or Henry are likely to go down and he'll get some opportunities.

Jarrett Payton is likely a goner and Nash needs to really prove something this camp.

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If he had been in shape or been able to run at the combine or USC pro day he would have gone in the 1st round we would never had a chance to get him. Great pick but we must remember that every pick is a gamble.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fleming as much as I like him is gone. To many TE's who can play his position.

Nash is gone. I don't think he impressed to many last yr

Payton the feel good story gone

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I love to keep saying this (especially since he's now a Titan) :

LenDale White is the most NFL-capable RB of the 06 draft
    he should be around for at least 3-5 years longer than Reggie Bush

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think Nash and Payton are gone.

Similar build in Nash and Ganther, but Ganther can pass protect on 3rd down. He was also a thousand yard back in college with over 300 yards receiving.

Flemming is the one I'm not sure about, but I'd keep him if we could. Depends on if we can still keep Greg Guenther, which I'm still all for.

Henry or Brown walk next year. LenDale/Omar/Chris or Travis - then possibly Flemming, who is still versatile and only a 6th round pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar