Pick #33

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MrPickSix, Feb 28, 2016.

?
  1. Jaylon Smith

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Robert Nkemdiche

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Other ( Explain)

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I wish we would fill the RT need in FA, via Schwartz or Okung, so we can trade, but with Jerry Jones stating for the record that Dallas will not be selecting a QB at No.4, it reduces our chances dramatically. I also think SF will just take the best QB available where they pick...if they indeed trade Kaepernick. But, what is somewhat intriguing is if they do trade him, they will have more draft capital to trade up.

Still, I think our chances to trade the pick are between slim and none.

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Not if you are hoping to snag one of the guys with a 1st Rd grade. Cause there is usually a run on those guys at the top of the 2nd. We might trade back a few spots, but if we really are waiting on Henry, Billings or Doctson, we risk losing all of them by doing so. They will all be gone by #40, IMO.

I suspect Mularkey and Robinson really covet one of those guys and hope they will slide to #33.

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Reggie Ragland at 33 would be solid, but I bet we go secondary instead.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we go Ramsey: #33 should be an OT. Spriggs from Indy could be available. Have to protect Mariota & there's a giant hole at RT (Bell should be at LG). I would love if we could deal back & pickup an additional 3rd or 4th... while still finding a starting RT (not like Poutassi last year).

If we go Tunsil, I'd say #33 opens up a bit more. Offense is set, unless a WR falls into our laps. Otherwise I could honestly see any position on defense here.

5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

TITANS. R. NOT. PICKING. RAMSEY. WITH. THE. No.1 PICK. Get it through your heads, Ramsey addicts. DB isn't nearly as big of a need, nor is it a position that justifies a No.1 overall. Draft history makes that abundantly clear.

We tried to get a GOOD ENOUGH OT in the draft last year and that blew up the entire front office. Enough of the Ramsey delusion. NOT HAPPENING. Deal with it.

Titans' Draft Needs - ESPN

• Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
    • Troll x 1
  6. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

If there's no trade down, the DB pick will be #33.
    Darian Thompson, Vonn Bell, Neal are all viable choices.

7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

With Brian Randolph having an unbelievable Pro Day on Wednesday, I'd rather take him in the 4th or 5th Rd...
    Vols' safety Brian Randolph backs up talk at Pro Day | WBIR.com
    Insider Report: Tennessee Pro Day - Tennessee - Scout

...than waste a 1st Rd pick on Ramsey (even if we were able to trade back a few spots...Ramsey would be Michael Griffin 2.0...maybe a corner, but probably a safety. Had a lot of hype surrounding him coming out of college..because Texas was having some success, just like Ramsey is hyped up because FSU has had some recent success. If Ramsey is playing on a rebuilding team, he isn't even considered a 3rd Rd'er). Would take Randolph in the 4th or 5th rather than taking Bell in the 2nd.

I would take CB's Apple or William Jackson at #33 if they get that far, but only if Nkemdiche is off the board at that point.

#77 TitanUpB4UGO, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If we aren't able to trade out of #1 then I think that we will trade out of #33.

Robinson knows that this team needs a lot more talent and he will want to try to get as many draft picks as possible.

One position that hasn't been brought up a bunch is OLBer. I think we will look to add another OLBer early in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar