Pick #33

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MrPickSix, Feb 28, 2016.

?
  1. Jaylon Smith

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Robert Nkemdiche

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Other ( Explain)

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

#51 Fry, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Agreed, which is why I was pissed we didn't spend a 7th and La'el Collins last draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yea that was terrible on Websters part

he's probably still GM if we took a chance on Collins

4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Funny you should say that. Both he and Whisenhunt would still have their jobs. Problem is...NOBODY wanted to touch the guy while the investigation was ongoing. He wasn't cleared until after the draft and at that point, he went to the team he wanted to play for. We weren't that team.

Poutasi had a lot of potential. He played LT for a good Utah team, and I suspect they felt if he could play LT well in college, he could hold his own at RT in the NFL. And you know what? He might still develop into a solid OT somewhere down the line, but he will probably be our LG going forward. It was a lot to ask of a rookie. We should have had a better contingency plan, in case he wasn't ready.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Poutasi was the contingency plan for when Bell sucked it up too much

that was the real mistake, thinking Bell is a Tackle still

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

But for a seventh though? The odds of hitting on that are so low, I'd rather use it on a first round talent that may not play right away.

7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I agree, but then again, it was something NO TEAM in the league was willing to do until he was cleared. They didn't want the horrible PR associated with it. Didn't he threaten no to play for any team that bothered to draft him late, for the very same reason you mention? I thought he did. He went to Dallas after Police cleared him...because he wanted to play for them. I wish we could have gotten him, but it is what it is.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

True, but no other team has been as bad as this one over the past two seasons. The Titans are a team that should take a low risk, high reward player like that. And who cares about bad pr, at least it would be some pr. This franchise tries to avoid players like this. How's that worked out for them?

This isn't directed at you though, I know you agree. Just in general.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I doubt he'll be there, in my eyes he should be a top 20 pick. If he fell to 33, you have to grab him. Billings at NT & Casey/DaQuan/Blackson at DE has potential to be elite, especially with LeBeau.

Id also love Vonn Bell or MacKenzie Alexander at 33, if available & we didn't take Jalen #1.

Two WRs reasonably that could be there: Doctson & Coleman. Would be hard for me to pass on either of them.

So many options at 33, it'll be hard for me to choose. With so many needs, it's hard to determine which hole to fill. Hopefully free agency fills some of those holes.

Ultimately... I want Derrick Henry.

10. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Josh Doctson would be a really good pick at 33 but doubt he will be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar