Pick #241: David Howard, DT, Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Who cares about stopping the run? We have Peyton and Schaub in our division. This is turning into a passing league. We need to get quicker in our front 7, which is what we did.

2. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I agree. That's good to know.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

A Brown graduate to go with our Rhodes Scholar. Were these guys brought in to play football or bring some education to the FO?

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I said this on another thread; why are we bringing in NERDS and not football players. A math guy, an econ guy from Brown, and a brain surgeon, and rusty who looks like he has years and years of old man wisdom (I do like the Rolle pick however) We're becoming the Tri Lambs of the NFL
    Someone get Erkel on the phone, he might be the answer at LB; and as a guy who watched Family Matters, I can personally attest to his stellar character.
    Of course we get an A for the draft; anything else would make these guys cry.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lol you act like these guys don't have talent. Just because they excelled at football as well as in school doesn't mean they are gonna suck..Good character guys with a lot of talent according to our FO.(The same ones who picked CJ when nobody thought it was a good decision)..or bad character guys with a lot of talent..not a hard choice.

6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Just curious, but how do you know there were guys with more talent than Verner and Rolle and Brown? Rolle showed loads of talent before he decided to concentrate on school. If we get him back to speed, fantastic value. If not, it wasn't a high pick anyway. We don't have a ton of room on our roster, to be honest, so I don't expect all of our picks to make the team. May as well get some guys who can learn fast AND have talent, and see if they make it.

The Patriots use this kind of criteria too, just to be clear. (and yeah, I realize you are being a bit facetious here)

8. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

"Just curious, but how do you know there were guys with more talent than Verner and Rolle and Brown?"

This is what I want to know...Everyone on here seems to think they know so much about all these guys and it's just not true. I mean seriously, watching a guy on saturday for a couple of years doesn't qualify as scouting the guy. The camera's are all over the place not following a LB's every move.

If you went to every Georgia game and watched Curran consistently then I might take your word on the guy but TV doesn't count. I knew Chris Henry was going to suck because I saw almost every game he played and he never did a thing in college.

I love this draft. Much more than I usually like our draft but the Front Office seems to know a lot more than me and I admit it. Nobody hits on all their picks and that's a fact.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I want to see Marks get some playing time. He's a 2nd rounder, lets use him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Just had a friend of mine from Brown email me some video of this guy. Everybody loved Jason Pierre Paul because of his potential. It is nothing compared to Howard's. Seriously, with Washburn, I think this guy is gonna be very, very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar