Pick #241: David Howard, DT, Brown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Are you seriously lamenting Vickerson? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?:ha::rolleyes:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

both vickerson and this kid would be lucky to make the final roster.

tony brown, jason jones, jovan haye, sen'derreck marks, jacob ford, williams hayes, derrick morgan, dave ball and jason babin.

you tell me where vickerson fits in that group. no way in hell we keep 10 defensive linemen.

4. greenwheel

greenwheel Starter

Didn't they keep 10 last year?

5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

exactly which one of these guys are built to stop the run? the only one above 300 LBS is Marks..and he's in his second year

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

other than haynesworth who was the last guy we've had built to stop the run? haynesworth was the exception to the rule. guys his size aren't supposed to move like he did.

jason fisk, john thornton, josh evans, robaire smith and joe salave'a were all on the smaller side for defensive tackles.

in our system the linemen play the run on the way to the quarterback and disrupt things behind the line of scrimmage.

7. MrCampbell34

MrCampbell34 Starter

With 39 reps at his pro day, weighing 295 lbs and an econ grad from Brown... strong as hell with smarts - in the 7th round sounds like someone you take a chance with.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Since the Titans run a gap penetrating scheme they prefer slightly smaller explosive DTs that can get up field and be disruptive.

This guy fits that mold. Marks fits that mold. Jones fits that mold. Brown fits that mold. Haye fits that mold. They do that on purpose.

Personally I would rather have Haye get traded instead of Vickerson but I doubt the Hawks wanted Haye. Vickerson will be replaced by Brown or someone else we bring in and isn't a great loss. We can have tryouts over at Tennessee State and find a Rb to replace White.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

39 reps? is this true? if so, that's unbelievable. i like this pick a little better now, not that didn't like it before. I'm not like a lot of guys on here that complain about every pick like they're an nfl scout or gm. it's amazing that these guys think they know more than an nfl front office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar