Pick #24: Chris Johnson, RB, ECU

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

CJ will be Rookie of the Year.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

After doing my 30 minutes of youtube "scouting" on CJ, these are my observations:

* Exceptional acceleration
    * very good vision
    * exceptional balance
    * doesn't run much between the tackles, but seems to produce when he does
    * deadly on screen passes
    * deadly on kickoff returns
    * deadly with the ball in space anywhere on the field
    * not a big guy that is going to flatten safeties, but is not afraid to lower a shoulder
    * he loved to jump over defenders in HS (way over)
    * He is a football player and an exceptional athlete

What I didn't see was the pacman like juking/ instant change of direction at full speed that made pac elite on punt returns; however, I didn't see CJ on a single punt return to see if he can do this as well.

In general, I would say we got our Michael Griffin on offense. We got a playmaker and a guy that is an instant upgrade to Chen on KO return.

What will be curious is to see if we line him up in the slot much.

I think we just picked up a Reggie Bush clone, which is a pretty good value at #24. He might have been around a few more pics, but I doubt he would have made it out of the 1st.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

In the CFL.

4. The Playmaker

See actually youtube doesn't help at all. Because all of the negative about him are vision and making people miss.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

All things I like about him as well. He is a football player that happens to be an exceptional athlete rather than an exceptional athlete who happens to play football. CJ is a player

6. jessestylex

naw, he is going to lead the NFL in all purpose yards. and be a blazing fast RB.
    he will make a name for himself in the first season.

when you hear CJ you wont think Chad Johnson, you'll think Chris Johnson.

7. The Playmaker

How do you know this?

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Gunny,

I'm surprised at you. You are usually a very insightful poster.

Is it not obvious that we need a WR to you?

At this point, where do you think we are going to get one?

9. jessestylex

same way people knows he will be a bust.

10. ECUpirate

ECUpirate Guest

I ask you basically the same question Vince10young..how do you not know this?? How do you know he'll be a bust? How do you know he can't make it in the NFL? Most of you guys have never seen CJ play. I'm an ECU Alumni so I've seen him play numerous times and every game he always makes a play that leaves everyone in the crowd with their mouths hanging wide open. Obviously the people who know are the ones calling the shots and not sitting on a message board discussing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar