Pick #207: Myron Rolle, S, Florida State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

This is actually the best pick we made this year I think. The only concern is him being removed from the game for an entire year. I don't think he'll have a problem snapping back in soon. I like this pick and am warming up to the Damian Williams pick. However I wish we could have unloaded Lendale and Vickerson to swap the 77th pick for the 60th with the Seahawks and grabbed Golden Tate. That guy is a stud.

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

If he's capable of staying in that good of shape after taking a year off......

I think he'll be fine once he gets coached/conditioned.

3. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

My question is why did he come back to football? It seems like he could have gone on to enter medical school and had a promising career in medicine. Is this a longterm career for him? I question his dedication.

4. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Simple. Every kid who has been playing football since the kiddie leagues dreams of playing in the pros. If you had the opportunity, why not? Not to mention that with his academic credentials punctuated by his Rhodes program, just about any MD/PhD program in the country from Harvard to Stanford will take him and this decision isn't that time sensitive. He can easily apply and defer enrollment as long as he likes.

Finally, although neurosurgeons make extreme bank, football players often make more, sometimes much more. Given the length of his medical education, he won't be in the prime earning range until his 30's anyway. Assuming he makes the team and goes on to a productive career, Myron might already have $5-$20 million in the bank by the time that he starts that. With that kind of financial cushion, it allows him to make more flexible decisions about his medical career than just going for the highest paid gig.

One more thing I want to add...if all three of the Titans "geeks" make this team, they really should use the opportunity to front these guys to the local schools and what can happen when you do study. The Titans drafted three science geeks (medical, applied math and economics). Other pro sports teams have had smart guys and even Rhodes Scholars) but rarely have this many shown up on a football team with these kind of academic credentials. Hopefully we'll do better than last year's Chicago Bears and all the Vandy grads it had at one time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Anyone else excited about having another Rolle in the defensive backfield? Might just be me.

6. kstone

kstone Starter

Love this pick. Shock he was still around this late in the draft. I think he will be committed to play football.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

sevenfeet covers it well, but I just want to add that Rolle would like to practice medicine in third world nations and help those who need it most. So he won't be making as much as some surgeons. Having a nice NFL savings set aside will help him realize his goals. I think he's quite dedicated to playing 10 years of ball though, if possible.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Samari and Myron are distant cousins and actually talk to each other on a regular basis.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

People who question his dedication are foolish, if anything he's one of the most dedicated players to football. He could be a brain surgeon or go into politics but instead he's choosing football. What other prospect has those kind of options?

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I honestly believe that he'll be our starting SS in the 2011 season. I imagine that Chris Hope will play all of this season assuming he doesn't get hurt.

For those of you questioning his shape, all the scouts say that he is in very good shape. This is a testament to the kind of kid he is. He also had a good senior bowl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar