Pick #18 of the 2017 NFL Draft: CB Adoree' Jackson, USC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

can't wait to see this dude get posted up all game by Hopkins....dude is tiny

• Boring Boring x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Who's gonna throw it to Hopkins?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

Like I've mentioned in the Rd 1 draft thread, I'm fine with the selection of Adoree Jackson...but NOT at #18. If JRob fell in love with the guy, fine! I'm okay with that and we did need a CB...badly! But for goodness sakes, TRADE DOWN AND TAKE HIM! Acquire more picks (such as a 2nd rounder) and then take Adoree. Don't take Adoree at #18...unless there were absolutely zero suitors wanting to move up...which maybe there weren't.

I realize some of you here are in love with Adoree but I have not come across one scouting report that has him in the 1st round, never mind #18th overall!

I'll emphasize once again as I know I'm probably going to get a lot of crap thrown my way by those blinded by their love of Adoree...I'm not saying I don't like him as a pick for us, just not at #18!

I'll admit, I've only seen one USC game last year as I mostly watch SEC, ACC and some Big 10 so I've got some catching up to do on Adoree, but literally, I can not find the guy ranked as a 1st round talent in one damn scouting report I've looked at!

If someone here can show me otherwise, by all means, please do!

Finally, by biggest concern with the Adoree pick is (based on the many scouting reports I've been reading), he doesn't seem to compliment Ryan well at all. In fact, from what I'm reading, Adoree's strengths are Ryan's strengths and his weaknesses Ryan's weaknesses. My biggest concern is that I've seen the dreaded "best suited for nickel" in more than one scouting report.

I'll give the guy a chance, but just hope that you guys here that are on the soap box for him are not doing so simply because he's a flashy player and a burner.

I will say, that the fact that he did win the Thorpe award is promising!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Who's to say they didn't try to trade down?

Even then, I'm convinced some players just seem like a reach to most people cause of what mock drafts and analyst say. (You know, the people we all say are always wrong and don't know ****.)

For all we know, JRob could of had Adoree rated as his #1 CB in the draft, and was excited to see the other 2 teams that took corner pass on him and see him there at 18.

This is a man who had Conklin rated higher than Tunsil. Rated higher than him before that weed video got posted. When everyone and their grandma had Tunsil rated the best OT.

Really wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Btw, this is coming from a person who has spent the last year calling JRob a fraud.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 8isGreat

It's definitely possible. And Adoree may very well turn out to be a great player; I just have a feeling we are forever going to regret not taking Howard there at #18. Maybe I'm wrong. We shall see.

6. 8isGreat

^This x 1000!

The biggest knock I'm reading on Adoree is that because he was spread so thin at USC, he wasn't able to hone is skills at corner as much as he could have if CB was his sole focus.

Fry has been reading his scouting reports!...Or like I said after Fry went 2 for 2 in last night's Rd 1, either works for the Titans scouting department or is secretly JRob?!!!

7. 8isGreat

And according to multiple scouting reports can jump out of the gym!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Everything I've seen is him getting picked up in the 2nd.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think you are right here Fry. Trying to throw too much at a rookie is probably not a good idea. Likely better to wait until year 2 or 3 before using him on offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar