Pick #176: Rusty Smith, QB, Florida Atlantic

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

tony pike was still available.....i dunno if i completely agree with this pick
  2. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

I loved this pick FAU is close by where i live in West Palm Beach FLA. Hes a baller trust me. FIRST player drafted from there, that should tell u something and the Titans had argueabley the best draft, we got the BEST DE in this draft, Best hands in Damian Williams, Currian was a steal hes gunna beast hes a tackling machine, got Rolle in the 6th round who was a 1st rounder the yr before, The guy we got from trading LEndale was a SOLID CB at UCLA, ima CAL fan i know him and Price stood out on that Defense. And not to mention we got Stafon Johnson rb outta USC as a UDFA , so i love our draft. A draft.
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You may disagree with this pick, but the only QB in this draft that wore prettier panties than Sam Bradford was Tony PIKE! Dude sat out 3 games because of a sprain to his non-throwing forearm!! Dude is a complete deuche and had his own coach calling him out on his inability to be tough. QBs get hit, it's just what happens, this guy is gonna die one day from a QB hit:(
  4. kstone

kstone Starter

This was a good pick. I watched him play in several games and is a much better qb then people think. Not saying that he is going to be the starter but will be a great backup to Vince.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I dislike this pick the most. Rusty could of been taken in the 7th. We should of taken Dwyer over Rusty. Then Snead or Rusty with our 7th last pick.
  6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

What about Snead makes you think he's potentially as good or better than Rusty? Just curious. He was pretty awful this year, and McCluster carried that team. As for taking him in the 7th vs. the 6th, I don't really care. Those two rounds may as well be the same IMO. The rate of success in the NFL is trivially close.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I just said Snead or Rusty. I was just naming other QBs available at that time.
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since they play MTSU each season, I've seen him once or twice. His best season (stats-wise) was as a sophomore when he had more talent around him.

Rounds 6-7 are unlikely to make the final roster but he might show enough to make the practice squad.
  9. World Peace

World Peace n/a

This is a good pick. Sunbelt Teams like Florida Atlantic have been the whooping boys for the SEC for years. This guy has played against the best college defenses with some of the worst linemen, receivers, and backs. I just like the idea of having a guy named Rusty as the QB in Tennessee. Fitting.
  10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Really do not mind this pick. Late rounder that is a QB who has all the measurables size and talent wise. He was productive. He just played for a small school. He still probably will not make the roster, but it is OK to take a shot in the later rounds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.