Pick #16: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i agree CB was def our biggest need! B/c besides finnegan we have no one. we could survive without morgan cause we have other DL players that are developing and it would of helped a lot if jason jones could of played last year!!

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Good point. It just sucked to see Wilson and Robinson go right at the end of the draft. I'm sure there are some quality guys out there though.

I'm hoping we can work our way into the 2nd round.

I wouldn't say no one. Hood and Hill are decent corners. But we definitely still need help at corner.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I really hope we get into the 2nd.

I mean teams were doing trades like: 1st and 4th for 1st and 3rd. or 1st for 1st and 4th. I think we could easily do 2nd for 3rd and 6th.

4. lockemindatrunk

lockemindatrunk Camp Fodder

i like the pick . The giants did us a favor IMO.JPP fits into what they want.Hes dumb as rocks but has alot of potential.They rotate guys on the line like we do and they already have some established leaders on defense.So a guy that knows nothing and is a physical beast that just tries to beat the guy in front of him every play is right up their alley.Us on the other hand lost alot of leadership this offseason.Everything i read up on Morgan said hes a born leader and is always trying to figure out the play at the LOS and thats what we need.Watching that youtube video he sort of looked like a DE version of Keith Bulluck.I dont think our d line is that bad.Last year the key pieces of our d line was never healthy at the same time.The key for us is jason jones staying healthy all year.I like the idea of Morgan,Brown and Jones at the line with Jones and Morgan swapping positions right before the snap like KVB and Haynesworth used to do.The only thing that scared me in that youtube video was he was always hitting the quarterback after the release and in the NFL [ especially against Peyton] you will always get a roughing the passer call.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

so wow, with Morgan at 16 our team becomes incredibly fearsome. Now other teams will be forced to recognize how great our D line is because of this addition.
    I don't think so. We haven't improved at all with this selection. We didn't even get Haynesworth. So someone who can tell me different and how we improved dramatically with this pick; please tell me.

We had a shot at Bryant and passed; just like Randy Moss part deux. His addition would have made our offense feared. Instead we settle for the 6th Dlineman taken in the draft. Kudos guys!

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jesus Christ, let the guy play before labelling him anything.

• High Five High Five x 6
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

AMEN!

Bottomline: No matter who the Titans took, somebody would be unhappy. Haters everywhere! :grrr:

9. RavensShallBurn

Why are so many people b*tching and moaning about this pick?

The pick didn't help us? Really? How in the hell would this pick NOT help us? It certainly won't hurt us.

You take a top 3 DE in the draft at pick #16. Everyone knows DE/CB were our biggest concerns... I would say DE before CB. Morgan at 16 was a steal. He should have been gone somewhere between 10-12. I'm very surprised he fell so far. The Giants are morons for drafting JPP. The don't even need DE's.

We lost KVB. Our starting lineman were Jacob Ford, Tony Brown, Jovan Haye, and William Hayes. Clearly we needed help. You really want William Hayes started at LE? I don't think so. We needed a new starting DE.

Solid pick. He will help out our team. No doubt.

10. RavensShallBurn

No he didn't... he was also a late second round pick... and not a top defensive prospect. There's a big difference.

Quit your b*tchin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar