Pick #16: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Didn't we all vote Morgan as our pick? D@mn we're good.

I LOVE this pick. Like someone else said, I also find it hilarious that Philly traded up to take Graham over Earl Thomas. SUCKERS!!!

Morgan IMO was the most proven and closest to a sure thing at DE than any of the others. I'm sure MR and Co. probably wanted JPP but I'm glad we didn't.

Morgan is gonna be a Big Time stud for us. I LOVE this pick. As I was watching as we were on the clock I was thinking to myself my Fam @ GT sure do know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2. We got this pick right on the money.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh excuse me he's the best "all around" back not just best overall. :rolleyes: He seems average to me. I also found this gem.

That is in reference to CFL superstar Adarius Bowman. Who you said would make Mel Kiper look foolish. Sure.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

whats your problem man? you never admit your wrong and you are always negative about everything. All hail the mighty deuce wayne because he is smarter then us all and knows everything!!

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

For real, is it that d@mn hard to admit when you're wrong? Come On Man!

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

you know ive been banned 3 times on here and its always cause i get infractions b/c of the ignorant stuff that deuce wayne and eddy say!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Damn, Morgan isn't getting any love today on ESPN or NFL Network. They have pretty much talked about every 1st round pick today, but Derrick Morgan. What's up with that? Oh well, i like "fly under the radar" guys.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Every year, MR gives us a solid player to replace an area of need with his first round pick...

2007, we finally drafted someone to get Lamont Thompson off the field.
    2008, we finally drafted someone that would keep Chris Brown away.
    2009, we finally drafted a first round WR, to replace any number of people.
    2010, we drafted a solid DE to replace KVB.

All solid first round picks, plugging in a full time starter, if not better. I look forward to seeing how much we can get out of Morgan.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I watched him play alot for Georgia Tech, and yesterday i was kinda gloomy about the pick, but i've been watching Youtube videos all day and i must say i'm not too gloomy anymore. There are tons of people saying "Damn i wish my team got him" :)

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a player already in the NFL Morgan compares to and I think I finally have, Tamba Hali.

Morgan isn't going to be a 12.5+ sack guy in the nfl, but i think he can give you a consistent 7-10 each year.

everyone keeps pointing to the Iowa State game as to why Morgan won't be a good player. i just watched some of Bryan Bulaga's highlights from that game, and Morgan definitely won his fair share of battles. Bulaga also won his too, which is what you would expect when two great players go at it. Morgan had some good bull rushes and Bulaga got called for holding once or twice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUs6ny8Hps

10. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Your probably right but Kiper has us on his last of best picks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar