Pick #103: William Hayes, DE/LB, Winston-Salem State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

hell who knows, he could end up being awesome. BUT i still think he would've been available 1,2,3 rounds later.

Maybe Fisher was telling the truth, supposively someone called to tell the Titans they would've taken him soon after.

But I think Fisher is full of bull****. After all these years I don't believe a damn thing he says. So, this was a HUGE reach pick, imo. And I can't stress enough, we traded UP to get this guy.

If this draft doesn't work out, people need to be FIRED!

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

^^^ I agree with all that

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Wow. That's a huge exaggeration. First of all, it takes at least 3 years to see how a draft went. Second of all, we're a playoff team. No reason to fire anyone who took a very young team to the playoffs.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

There's cause to fire Reinfelt if he lets Haynesworth walk after this year. Also, if none of the 07 or 08 draft picks don't show up this year, bye bye Mike!

5. smili

smili Starter

I wonder if the success in the sleeper pick Michael Roos has the Titans fishing for the next sleeper too often.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You are wrong, and this is why I think so:

I don't care who the GM is, or what his track record is.... If you trade up to draft a player that isn't listed in the 800 players the NFL considers draftable... then you are the chopping block.

If MR had some incredible track record, then you might cut the reach pick some slack. But he doesn't.

Also, yes we were a playoff team. So we should be getting those 2-3 pieces we need to become a superbowl team. So far, this offseason, only Crumpler and Chris Johnson are likely to have much difference to the team. And we've had retirements and losses that MIGHT truly hurt the team.

If Fisher had significant input in the decisions this draft and offseason, and our team does worse this season, then the 2008 Titans Draft calls for more than one person to be fired.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

man, i'm gonna flip if I see someone say "everything is ok, because we made the playoffs!" again.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

the sad thing is, no one is going to get fired over this until Bud bites the big one....then **** might get done

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

dude, you need to relax, we made the playoffs last year.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I know. It's driving me crazy too! We BARELY made the playoffs. Kerry Collins and a stingy defense got us there. The Colts nearly beat us with their second string offense. There isn't much of an argument there...I just wish people would stop with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar