Phillips a goner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I will watch any NFL game and try to analyze schemes, etc. but that thing they showed last night was completely unwatchable. He had to do it.. but in doing so he also just lost his DC. Double whammy time....

I also saw a lot of players going through the motions

2. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

They should have done it a few years ago I never thought wade was a very good coach, I wonder who will take his place.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, we just added a Hall of Fame receiver to our team.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

One that no one else wanted.

I could see us with a huge proud smile stepping out from a crowd once revealing who placed a claim on Moss. Then looking back at the other crowd of 31 teams feeling extremely awkward as the smile kind of fades and they all look at us with a pity looking frown.

But does it matter? Our coaching style wont change with Moss. It'll just frustrate him. Now if we let Moss call the plays- then I'll think we're trying.

5. amy

amy Starter

"But does it matter? Our coaching style wont change with Moss. It'll just frustrate him. Now if we let Moss call the plays- then I'll think we're trying."

Actually, I think the coaching style has already changed somewhat. I don't think Moss was picked up just to sit on the bench while we run the ball. If that occurs, he will poison the locker room and create a unmanageable distraction. Fisher knows that and won't let it happen. I just hope Dinger has plays in his book that will take advantage of Moss's strengths and calls them on a regular basis. Moss wants to win a SB badly and maybe he thinks that can be done here with Vince and CJ. We can only hope.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Who gives a chit? If it frustrates him and he runs his mouth to the media, let him do it. You are dead wrong in your assertion that we'd be better off with starting Washington/Williams/Hawkins. Moss is definitely, no matter WHAT you say, an upgrade over what we had (and lost with) VS. San Diego.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe be true. As far a talent goes.

As far as the other baggage he brings?

I'd rather have Hawkins out there giving 100% and running precise routes than Moss mailing it in due to CJ getting too many carries.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Gloat,

You and Moss have more in common than you think.

1. You both run your mouth like people actually listen/care.
    2. You both have the, "it's me against the world attitude."
    3. Ain't nobody going to tell neither one of y'all nothing.
    4. You both put up big numbers, for you: it sucks button, posts, rants, numerous outlandish predications.
    5. You both could benefit from some "humble pie".
    6. Prima Donna much?

Like two peas in a very contorted pod.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'm surprised Phillips lasted as long as he did. Dallas didn't just start sucking... they've been sucking the majority of the season!

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Randy Moss.

There is no real reason for hope at UT for the next decade. Fulmer stayed too long and allowed problems to linger. Kiffin bent us over and stuck it up our... And Dooley is a stop-gap coach that I'm starting to think sucks.

My only hope (currently) for UT is that in 5-7 years when Peyton retires he wants to coach at UT.

As far as Fisher goes, I've been as critical as (almost) anyone. I was anti-Fisher since I joined this message board in 2006. I have seen things this season that make me think he is, at least somewhat, getting the message that he's made mistakes and needs to do some things differently.

I guess I'm as optimistic about Fisher as I have ever been since joining this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar