Philisophical Question:

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Bennett IS crap. He has been for a couple season now. He pulls up on balls. Lets balls in the endzone go right threw his hands. This season he is in all time form with pulling up on balls to avoid a hit. The money this guys makes he need to put himself on the line for his rookie QB. The clutch drops on 3rd downs and in the endzone have plagued him his entire career. I do not see any way the Titans renew a contract with Bennett next season, especially with his ho-hmm attitude.

Non of our WR demand a double and teams know it. A good WR adds holes as the secondary shift to protect the obvious weapon. This would give single or even LB coverage to some of our TEs or #2 or #3 WRs so they can make plays. That is hurting Vince. Plus people on here act like Vince should be in pro-bowl form right now. He is a rookie and he was in the thick of a couple QB controversies right at the get go.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Gut

Great post.

Most of the following is aimed more at the thread as a whole rather than following up on your post Gut.

You covered it but didn't actually go as far as to say that Rice was on his game wherever he played & whoever threw to him.

Again although you covered it you didn't fully elaborate on considering the actual Offence.

In our case regardless of whether you are question Chow's play calling or not the key is Vince. Prior to the Jags game Vy hadn't been asked to throw a lot & averaged less than a hundred yards per game. With receptions being spread around between WR's,TE's & RB's no one is going to shine as a receiver on our offence.

He's protected the ball well before the Jags game & even though since he's been our starter at least 2 perfect bombs were dropped,many of his throws have been off target or behind receivers.

Did Randy Moss sign with the Raiders to have Walters throwing to him? No way. He sign up to what he thought was going to be Gannon throwing laser's for 4500yds a year. IMO Moss is still an elite receiver if Tom Walsh isn't handing out the room keys.

Would I love to have Johnson or Ginn sure but I don't think it would move VY any further along than our current group. What he needs is elite linemen.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I disagree with you but no biggie to me

Some people on here had Young in the HOF before he played his first game. You may or may not have been one of them.

Young has to improve or he will be nothing more than an avg/decent QB.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

ok so that smell isn't him, just the whole team...right :ha:

5. Blazing Arrow

But even elite lineman are not taken in the first round plus we have big FA money to spend in the off season. Imagine a White, Young, Johnson core on O for 5 or six seasons. That sounds pretty good in my book.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Thanks...

I don't think I need to mention how the greatest WR in NFL history was good no matter who was throwing him the ball.

As I've said in other posts, the Titans should revert back to more of the offensive style they had with Eddie in his prime and a young McNair...POUND the rock and let VY move the chains with his feet or short 3rd down plays.

Of course, to do that you need a stout D, not the swiss cheese defense we're playing now. If you're down 20-0 at halftime, you can't pound the rock if you want to win. Pounding the rock (successfully) will lead to teams loading up against us with 8 man fronts. I very much like my scoring chances with playaction (max protect) and Moss one on one to the outside with no safety help and a single CB between him and the endzone.

The other concept would be to feature a 3 WR set as our base look. Either teams went to nickel D and had to let their nickel back try and tackle Henry and LW or force the nickel to READ like a LB AND have contain against VY. This gives us a run advantage. If teams go to a 4-3 D to stop the run, we can go hurry up to keep that LB on the field and take advantage of the LB v WR mismatch and force zone coverage.

The key for VY is not let OUR coaching staff pick and choose when he throws, not the score. We will get better production out of VY this year when we can run OUR offense the way we want. When we get behind and VY has to throw a lot, he'll have more bad days.

Moss went to Oakland because they were willing to take him bad boy attitude and still pay him top dollar. Moss would help Vince a lot though I wouldn't be chucking the ball to Moss a lot...but you create a bad mismatch for any D. Do you dare put your CB on an island by himself against Moss?

On the other hand, I'd rather have Steve Hutchinson than Randy Moss. We need a serious upgrade on the OL.

Gut

7. Blazing Arrow

I did not even want Young starting this season but that opinion was formed prior to the Collins debacle. After which I could not wait to see him or even a burning dumpster in the back field other then collins.

Look at some of the best QBs to play. Most started terrible. We are rebuilding it is going to happen.

My deal with Bennett is when we are in a playoff hunt he plays well. Gets those hard catches pulls in the long balls. When we are not playing well it is like he is Moss on a play that is not going to him. I don't understand his play in a contract year.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well when you put it like that :yes: :yes:

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the triplets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar