Philips Had Same Injury As Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Umm IDK that you know what "we people" wanted. I was very pleased with Vince's 5-2 start the year it all fell apart, I was happy he cursed out Fisher, but thats not how a responsible NFL QB acts, and his attitude was detrimental to our team.

Also, I find it hilarious you'd stick with a guy like VY, but wont give Locker a 3rd chance? How many chances did VY get... Yea, you're weird in that way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I bought a VY jersey. I was all in.

Then I discovered I was smart and realized he was fool's gold.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Whis thought enough of Locker to bring in Clipboard Jesus who knows his system- so I think he agrees with both of us. However, I think Whis has less faith in Locker than you do.

4. JCBRAVE

You really believe clipboard Jesus is the eventual back-up? I sure dont. I see him as an upgrade to Rusty Smith, not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I've liked every move whiz and the front office has done so far with the exception of our qb situation. I don't agree that Locker should have been named the starting qb, the guy hasn't been on the field long enough or IMO showed enough consistency . Flashes and potential will only get you so far in the nfl especially when your going into your 4th year. I would of liked to see Whiz bring in competition and then make a decision. We've got no choice but to support it and root for locker but I'd be lying to you all if I said I was confident with locker under center.

6. Riverman

I really believe that Whis knows this team HAS to start strong. We aren't selling PSLs and we are struggling with sell outs. Jake may be ready physically, he may not. history says Jake will be injured after a few games even if he is ready.

He brought in a QB he knows can run HIS system. I "really believe" Whis is concerned about Jakes' mobility and arm accuracy as well as his injury history. That's why we are seeing clipboard Jesus. That's why we'll draft a QB mid-round or earlier.

7. JCBRAVE

Yes, we should be picking up another QB in this draft, THAT's who Im projecting to be the back-up, not Whitehurst.

8. Riverman

We'd have to see who we get as far as beating Whitehurst (who knows Whis's system) as the #2. Whis brought in a familiar QB, Webster brought in a project in Wilson and we're drafting a QB. If that doesn't SCREAM concern about Locker, I don't know what does.

I don't think we are disagreeing except you appear to have more confidence in Locker than most folks do. I think that includes Whis and Webster.

9. JCBRAVE

We'll see.

I know Jake has the tools to be great, whether that ever happens is on his health.

If Jake's biggest issue was his arm strength or his inability to learn a playbook then ok yea he's a bust at that point, but thats not the case.

10. Riverman

I think we all WANT him to be great but his "tools" WERE his mobility and still is his character. His accuracy has always been considered a weakness no matter how much strength he has in it. His durability is a weakness also. Nothing personal against Locker but it us what it is.

His toolbox is short a few tools to be "great". And in this league you really can't be using the term "potential" in year 4 of a player. We are positioning ourself to move on. It will take a heroic performance from this year from Locker to persuade this staff to retain him after his contract expires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar