Philip Rivers signs extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Sure- but how much longer will Rivers play at that level? If this roster was a qb away- then yea absolutely I make the trade. But it's not, they're in rebuild.

I take the unknown potential of a decade plus in Mariota and build the roster way before this stupid trade. And I didn't even want Mariota. Trading for Rivers would have been epically dumb, which was why I was scared the FO would do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

It is all hypothetical anyway, but I disagree with you. It doesn't take too long to reload a team....we have just missed on our moves. This team would be radically better had we hit on our acquisitions. A proven QB is far better than an unknown. It is proven that you can't win in this league without a QB! Rivers still has 5 to 6 years left in the tank.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I agree in a sense, but what does this team have a track record of doing? Missing! #2 for Rivers straight up kills the team. Still no blocking- no defense- you really think Rivers can fix all that? You're entitled to your opinion- but if that youyou'reng opinion you're either in laourlanour'reourur on Rivera cock so hard I'm surprised you have time to post. This roster is terrible- way beyond a one player fix. If you think otherwise- you're lying to yourself and seeing up for disappointment.

4. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

His brother is a great quarterback and maybe the best of all time. I will say this, I have never seen anyone manipulate the game the way he has. On the other hand, I have never seen anyone overanalyze the game the way he has. I think he is guilty of this. I also think if he would just play, he may have a title or two more. I also think Eli is guilty of this...Must come from Daddy and having to be perfect on every play.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

SuperBowl?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I don't know. I don't know if I see the massive explosion out of Marcus from a passing standpoint in this manner. But I don't think he has too...If he turns out to be Aaron Rodgers with legs,then yes. Sooner than later, I believe they will unleash him to do whatever he thinks will help this team win games.

Super impressed with his commitment in staying the pocket. Just goes to show again, who he is.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

That isn't his fault entirely.

#37 Hormesis, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

****in lebron

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I never said Rivers can fix all that, nor did I say it is a one player fix. I said you can't win in this league without a QB, which Rivers has certainly proven he is. This franchise has spent a 3rd and 8th pick on exactly what you are saying, and it is the reason we are the sh*t team that we are. Teams can retool rather quickly when you actually have a QB to build around. Look at New England if you need an example. Plug and play anybody. You are damn right I would send a 2 over for Rivers. Too bad we couldn't make that happen. If Mary doesn't pan out, guess what, we will be a sh*t team for another 5 years.

#39 Hormesis, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I hate Rivers

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar