Phil Steele's NFL Forecast

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have to agree. I don't see where these "taking a step back" talks are coming from. Not saying we won't, but we were 10-6 with a mediocre offense last year. I think it is safe to say we will atleast be as good as last year on offense, although I think we will improve quite a bit. Just having Crumpler, McCarins, and a player like Johnson will help. Defensively, we will be as good if not better. So barring injuries, how will we be worse?

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Sooooooooooooo, I'm not the only one that predicted that the Jags would take the South. I don't agree with our 8-8 though. I think we'll win atleast 10 this year.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think its nuts for anyone to think the Jags will take the Division. Ludacris....!!!

4. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

These experts see last year as an aberration - most of the experts picked the Titans to finish 3rd or 4th in the division last year with a record somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. While the Titans still finished 3rd in the AFC South, their record was a respectable 10-6. But many experts still don't see them as a good team and expect to have last year's prognostications proven true this year.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I agree entirely. Our offense should be significantly better with the additions you mentioned, Heimerdinger and another year under Vinces belt.

11 wins is very doable IMO.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

In regards to last year, many experts had us "winning games we had no business winning", but I think we lost some that we should have won as well.

I just don't see a 8-8 season.

Jags will be tough, but if the injuries and Harvey's holdout keeps up, they will struggle early.

I think the Colts are in for a let down year. I think they'll still be a good team, just not a powerhouse like previous years.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The Jags are headed for a major collapse. Their offense relies on Fragile Fred and MJD, and one or both of them are going to have a major injury this year by all odds. Last year was a fluke for Garrard and he will not repeat. The defense is crumbling, and they don't have any great players except for Mathis and maybe Henderson.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We got new Weapons and a Great D, how will the titans take a big step back from last year? how do you play offence worse than we did last year?

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The main reason experts don't like us is VY. They don't like him. They think he is overrated and can't be a NFL QB. They overlooked that we have a top 5 defense and overlooked how we improved on offense. They bash us about Pac-man(still), drafting CJ, and not sign/draft a good WR even though we got Hawkins, J-Mac, Crumpler, and CJ to help VY. We have great players on this team but constantly everyone just throws us away. Bulluck, Hope, Griffin, Roos, White, and KVB.

Bulluck is a great OLB, Hope has never been hyped up but is still a constant force at S, Griffin had a very good rookie season, Roos is quickly becoming one of the best, White rushed for 1,000 yards, and KVB is a force yet still isn't a top 5 DE in most people's minds. Yet they all get no recognition from the national media. It's all about Shawn Merriman, Bob Sanders, Laron Landry, Joe Thomas, Reggie Bush, and Jared Allen

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I definitely wouldn't put 11 wins outside of the realm of possibilities. Our team will improve with our offense, the sooner we start to establish an offensive threat, the more games we win, plain and simple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar