PFT Titans cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

New article out from PFT have many teams with huge cap space. 4-5 teams still have over 20 million and a lot more with over 10 million in cap space.....including the Titans. Says we have 10.7 million under the cap. Are we that bad at math? Or is our Front Office that awesome. Signing all these players and at the end of the day using around 5 million in cap space? We must be using large signing bonuses and incentive laiden deals for these players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/plenty-of-teams-have-plenty-of-cap-room/

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

So does this mean getting a legit FA corner is still a possibility? Please God...

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, hopefully we'll resign Mouton.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I must admit, I was way off in my math. I thought we were over by nearly $2M

But since we do have money, why aren't we adding a corner?

$3M is enough to land a solid CB right? Antoine Cason (possibly the best CB FA) signed for $2M/yr, then Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie signed for $5M/yr but isn't guaranteed anything after 2013

why can't we get a CB? The market is so low right now, we should be active in this.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There are still a BUNCH of decent vet CBs out there. Should be able to get one for very cheap. The market is totally depressed.

DeAngelo Hall
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Brent Grimes
    Antoine Winfield
    Quentin Jammer
    Tracy Porter
    Mike Jenkins
    Terence Newman
    Shawntae Spencer
    Sheldon Brown
    Terrence McGee
    Rashean Mathis
    Cedric Griffin
    Nate Clements
    Stanford Routt
    Marcus Trufant
    Chris Carr

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Stanford Routt sucks now, so does DeAngelo Hall. I can see why those 2 still have no teams.

7. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I want grimes or winfield

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

This probably due to the fact that we have like a $12m carryover from last seasons cap so the Levitre deal and a couple of others basically don't effect the cap this season.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Those two, or Jammer.

10. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Count me on the Brent Grimes bandwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar