PFT outlook for Titans this season.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TouchdownTitans, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This is a hard season to predict for the Titans. There is a major scheme change on both sides of the ball. It could go either way.

The Titans could finish with fewer wins this year if a lot of these things happen:
    • The team struggles picking up the new, more complicated, defense
    • Jake Locker misses significant time
    • Nate Washington, Kendall Wright or Delainie Walker miss significant time
    • Bishop Sankey is slow to transition to the NFL and does not make much of an impact
    The Titans could be in or close to the playoffs if a lot of these things happen:
    • The radical changes on both side of the ball make the Titans difficult to prepare for as teams know very little about them
    • Bishop Sankey has a strong rookie year
    • Zach Brown bounces back after a bad year
    • Akeem Ayers becomes a playmaker in the new D
    • Blindi Wreh-Wilson and Coty Sensabaugh continue to improve

In terms of total wins we do have something going for us. The schedule appears to be much easier.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should have never drafted Ayers to play in a 4-3, he stunk. Now that we're back to what he likes, he should be able to be counted on.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He was strong against the run. Did not "Stink" just was not reaching his full potential.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think anyone can really fault these guys for picking the Titans at the bottom. If it's out of plain ignorance that's one thing but we haven't exactly earned respect (like it really matters) from these "experts" and writers to pick us any higher. I would be a lot more upset if their opinions actually mattered, like a BCS ranking, but it doesn't. Just makes for good conversation.

This is a pretty hard team to predict right now. I can see us winning 3 games if Locker goes down again, couple key injuries, and it's a bigger adjustment period on defense. On the other hand, if Locker stays healthy and Horton's magic shows up the first year in Tennessee then I can see us with 8-9 wins and a possible wild card spot. We have talent on this team, regardless of what others say, and now with an actual coaching staff we're going to get the most out of these players. My question is, will we see that this year or are some of these players really busts? Are we only going to see flashes or will the team buy into the whole new attitude and philosophy? I'll play it safe right now and say 6 wins because Locker is unpredictable at the moment.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think we will be on either end of the spectrum 4-12/5-11 or 10-6/11-5. I don't think we'll be mediocre. Either this overhaul and all its changes will work or it won't. I just can't see us being middle of the pack again.

6. JCBRAVE

We won 7 games with Mike Fcking Munchak as HC, Mike Munchak guys, we're winning more than 7 games this year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're wrong.

We've gone eight seasons in a row at 6 wins or better, but now all the sudden we are going to win 3-4 games?

What's your reasoning?

This is the most experienced coaching staff we've ever had. We may not have a single superstar player, but we have a lot of solid players.

Again, I'll gladly make a bet with you.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I could see us at 7 wins again... But this 3-4 win crap is just plain stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

I want in on this action.

I'll bet any of you guys $50 we win more than 6 games.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

My reasoning is I'm not convinced experience in coaching = good coaching and I think the team is worse in terms of talent (and how the talent fits the scheme) than last season while most other teams are better. I think the Titans are a team of C+ and B- players with no A or A+ guys. I think you need a core of A+ guys to win games.

I don't bet on sports and I don't feel confident enough in my predictions to make a wager. Unlike most around here, I concede that I'm no expert.

Besides, I wouldn't want to bet against the Titans, anyhow. I will be rooting for them to win. I just can't predict they'll win many games because I don't believe it's realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar