PFT Live: Do Titans need to clean house?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

He was. The gov's brother wanted to buy the Titans off Bud but Bud evidently loves them more than he loves a billion bucks, cause that's what Haslam paid for the Browns.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Palmer and Gray were not hired from within, and Loggains will be an OC in the league someday. Why not give him a shot before he takes a job elsewhere?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because our problem is we are using Titan guys and the philosophy doesn't seem to change.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man I've just realised I'm not going to be around for any of the 2013 season.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gray had ties to the Oilers/Titans... he's played on the Oilers and coached here before.

Palmer coached with the Oilers once as well.

And obviously Munchak has been tied to this organization for over 30 years straight.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

As much as I want Bud to clean house I dont see it happening. Hopefully I am wrong but it seems like he is too in love with his former players to clean house!

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Gotta feel for bud. Time's running out, he just wants to win. But then again, he did this to himself...

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I don't think the coaches are that bad, but they aren't that good, and I think we have talent. The problem is that we have a young team with no real leaders stepping up, and the coaches aren't really stepping up and leading either. Everyone seems to be waiting for someone else to make a move. That isn't a good situation to be in. If our coaching staff was coaching a veteran team, then they might be doing pretty good.

I can't blame Gray and the D for giving up 51 points because of all the mistakes on O and the special teams. I can't really blame Palmer for the stagnant O when the ball is turned over 6 times either. But where I do blame the entire coaching staff is not having thier players ready to play on Sundays.

It seems like in almost every game we lost this year we have been beating ourselves ... bad. Turnovers at the worst times, stupid penalties that kill drives and kill momentum, missing tackles ... those are all staples of the games that we have lost. We have been undisciplned, and that is on the coaches.

In the games that we have actually played smart and eliminated the turnovers and penalties, we have won and looked pretty good. What we need are coaches with strong leadership skills that won't tolerate any BS. I wouldn't be surprised if we were instantly competing for the division with that type of coaching.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

The thing about this team, is I can see us losing to Miami, but beating the Texans OR Packers.

I say that because the talent level is there, just the coaching and maturity is not. This team seems to be certified bi polar or something.

10. Tidalwaveman

Tidalwaveman Camp Fodder

My biggest frustration with both coordinators is that they are always talking about talking what's there. It could be personal, but good teams dictate what the other team can do...

Palmer's offensive scheme is too technical, we have enough talent on offense to simply beat the other teams defense without a million different reads. Gray's defense doesn't seem to have any identity at all.

I think we'd do better with new coordinators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar