Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

PFT’s countdown of the top 10 teams begins Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jul 17, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,042
    I'm a big Cam fan and believer in his skills but they are headed in the wrong direction as a team currently.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,091
    We made it to a Super Bowl with Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen, Carolina will be alright.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,243
    But our defense and running game was a million times better than theirs.

Yea, they had the #2 defense last year, but as I said they lost A LOT on that side of the ball too.
    nbtoppers2 and GoT high five this.
  3. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,398
    Those PFT guys are such jokes. This "ranking" of theirs is basically playing out like a popularity contest.
    Bonky high fives this.
  4. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $892
    He still needs someone to throw to. Panthers got none and their rushing attack isn't what is used to be. They still have a strong defense though, but might take a hit if Hardy gets suspended.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,091
    That is true. They cater to the masses.
    Bonky high fives this.
  6. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,598
    11-5 and in the playoffs the last two seasons.

That will tend to get you in the top 10
  7. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,598
    Look at our QB situation.

Then figure in we are learning completely new schemes on both sides of the ball.

A defense that fell off the face of the earth halfway through the season, and lost one of its better players in the off season.

Offensive line still struggled, a lot, last season.

I dont know where people expect us to be ranked.

A lot can change in a year. Hopefully, next season, we are complaining because we are right outside the top 10
    Dman high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Bonky Starter

Moolah:
    $147

Your points have some validity, although some of that can be argued. Regarding the part I highlighted? We finished tied for 24th, we dumped our incompetent coaching staff and made improvements to our problem areas.

I darn well expect us to be ranked ahead of the Texans, Jags, Vikings, and Browns at the VERY least.

This ranking, as has been stated before, is nothing better than a popularity contest.

Let the regular season begin, and let's see how accurate it proves to be. I'm betting we finish closer to ranking #15 than we do to ranking #30.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,994
    softest 11-5 ever last year