Peyton to visit TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Point being is we are taking in someone old QB who will be a hall-o-famer like Favre in aspirations of a Superbowl, when teams like the Jets who had a great defense and Vikings who had a great offense supporting cast could not what makes it any different.

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

What I'm suggesting is.....sign Peyton for 2 years, trade Locker for a bunch of good top picks, let Haas be backup in 2012. Package those picks acquired to get the #1 in 2013 and draft Barkley.

Hmmmmmm

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Peyton manning has won a Super Bowl with a team that was VERY similar to the one that wen't 2-14 last year with no Peyton. I don't know how else to put it.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The more I listen to people close to Peyton Manning like Bill Polian the more I think he'll be a Titan...

Just doesn't make sense to go to Denver or Arizona and I doubt Miami was ever a threat...

Why would he choose to go to a worse offensive line with less offensive weapons in a place/division he's not familiar with while playing in hostile conditions when he can return to the state he's a legend in, Tennessee. And on top of that he can probably get more money and no state tax with the Titans..

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

The team you say last year was an aging defense and aging supporting cast along with injuries. He won 1 superbowl and has a mediocre playoff record.

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Maybe off topic a bit, but...

Does anyone else think that these two lineman visits (Hutchinson and Myers) were done partly to manufacture some negotiating leverage for the meeting today ("I know Bud said he would pay whatever it takes, BUT we also need to get these guys to make sure your neck is safe and sound....")?

I mean, when Bud did his stupid press conference, he basically took the knees out from under his management as it relates to negotiating a deal (Bud has done this alot over the last couple of years).

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He might just cost us an upgraded OL and Mario Williams.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Well the Titans/Oilers have won ZERO super bowls, and probably have a worse playoff record percentage than he does. And they've been around a lot longer than Peyton has.

We can't even get to the playoffs. How many times have we been almost there and not sealed the deal??? Too many. One superbowl win and a mediocre playoff record is not a legitimate reason not to want him.

We can't even get there. The Colts didn't even have anyone near competitive to them in the majority of the 2000s.

Last year was the easiest road to the playoffs for us in 10 years or so, and we couldn't do it. Time for a change. Would love for us to be the juggernaut for a decade or so.

How many times have we made the playoffs in the past decade???? 3? how many wins? Is it true that the last playoff win was with steve McNair? The last QB that has won us a playoff game has switched teams, played there for a few years, retired, and died. RIP. It's been a long time. Time for a change.

A Super Bowl would be nice, but I'd be happy if we could even sneak into the playoffs more than once or twice a decade.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

True enough. that's one more Super Bowl than the Titans have. He also lost playoff games that he threw at least 3-4 TD in too. Your QB throws 3--4 Td's in the game, your defense has to bring it home.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The Jets were a bad team before Farve got there. They were 16th in the NFL in defense with no offensive weapons to speak of and were 4-12 the year before. An injured Brett Farve took them to 9-7 so idk what point you're making.

And Minnesota got to the NFC Championship the first year Farve was there so I'd say he made them a SB contender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar