PEYTON over MARIO

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cutter10, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Quit being so sensitive. It's called sarcasm, Mr. No Fun.

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

If he does end up here I hope he returns to 16.

That would look so sweet.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Fact: Peyton only has one playoff comeback win in the playoffs in his entire career and only one game winning drive in the post season in his entire career. It's amazing that you all want to hit the pause button on Locker's development (and risk damaging it) just to watch Peyton choke in January like he usually does.

BTW it worked out so well the last time Bud Adams forced a QB on his coaching staff didn't it.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Mario adds more wins than Peyton at this point. Hass gave us more than enough from the QB position.

Why address a strength?

In which case we are still improving in my opinion by swapping over to Locker (most likely).

tl;dr: Mario Williams improves one of our few weaknesses from our 9-7 team.

Peyton COULD improve our QB position, a fairly strong point of our 9-7 team.

I say COULD because of how he would take over the offense. In that offense, CJ would essentially be an afterthought which is already a mistake. Add to our lack of money for interior line or pass rush help because you don't sign ANYONE after signing Peyton, we're looking at 7-9 or 8-8.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

From a financial standpoint, Bud would be crazy not to try and land Manning. Think of the jersey sells and advertising dollars that come along with a guy like Manning. Ticket demand lagged a little this yr and signing Manning certainly would make tickets a hot item. I can assure you that if we land Manning we will get at least 1 MNF game and either a Thurdsday or Sunday night game if not both.

In the long run it certainly could backfire on Bud, but short term it would be a smart financial move.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget about Peyton, here's the real question, how long are we keeping Rusty Smith around for?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't think Peyton is eligible for number 28:grrhee:

9. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

This is the same kinda crap we used to see from Bud year in and year out in Houston. Which is why we weren't all that unhappy to see him gone.
    Sure we missed the Oilers...but not Bud.
    The guy is all flash and no substance. Bud Adams,the new Al Davis......

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol he wants the best Quarterback to ever play the game on HIS team and we're supposed to hate him for that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar