Peyton Manning cleared to play.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

This is a nonissue/conversation because we are not going to even try.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So then we should only talk about things the Titans will do and not things they could do...

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Again who knows what is going through Bud's head. He wants a championship and unless he lives for another 10 years, may not get the chance to see it. Thats counting on Locker turning out well.

This idea is not that crazy, I would bet that if this was another elite QB in this position that was outside our division, everyone would be wanting to pick him up. You have to look past the fact that its Manning as hard as that is.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

When did I say QB was our biggest problem?

I like how people are acting like Peyton Manning at full strength doesn't make ANY team a superbowl contender. (see 2-14 colts)

And as far as the Titans not trying it...I have a hard time believing Bud Adams is going to say no If Peyton Manning wants to come to Tennessee..

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Compared to his prime, Montana was not close to being the same QB he was in early and mid-80's. In '93, he was under 200 yards passing per game. In '94, he had his lowest passer rating of his career for any season he started more than half the season.

Hasselbeck had a better season last year.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

All you say is true, but KC was very much a running team with Christian Okoye in 93 and Marcus Allen in 94. Joe wasn't asked to do it all, remember this was marty ball, run, run again then play action pass, just in case they think you are going to run again. Sort of sounds familiar doesn't it? ;)

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Realistically, the move makes very little sense. It creates a rift between our current qbs. Crams extra cap space when we have another handful of needs. It's more of a step backward then one of the future. we are building a young team.

The absolute only way I could see us reaching for manning is if we had major doubts about Locker. Although reports have said he impressed and was ahead of schedule. It doesn't add up.

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

And all these people expecting Manning to mentor Locker, it wouldn't happen. Manning isn't one of those types of people. Hell, a lot of the great QB's weren't the mentoring type, ; Marino, Favre, and Elway weren't big on helping out thier back-ups. They didn't want competition at all, so why teach them.

If Manning was this great mentor, tell me which one of his back-ups over the years has moved on to a great career with another team?

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I mean, he obviously did a spectacular job with Painter, amirite!? :banned:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

LOL, how much more can you reach?? Just admit you phrased things horribly and move on. Yeah he had his worst passer rating by 3 points, yet it was still in the 80s like 8 of his other seasons. Way to exaggerate and skew to try to seem... :tj:

So in your world if a QB is past his prime then he is a shell of his former self?

In that case, Hasselbeck was a shell of his former self last year and I'll take "Peyton shell of his former self" over "Hasselbeck shell of his former self".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar