Peyton Manning cleared to play.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassTitansPass

PassTitansPass Starter

I'm more then willing to take bets that Manning will not play QB for a pro football team again. In spite of being cleared to play, he's still one hit from being crippled. I don't believe he'll take the risk. Time will tell.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

It's football, you're ALWAYS one hit from being crippled

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Everyone in this league is one hit away from being crippled. If he was that much of a liability he wouldn't be cleared to play.

Some of you can't read whats right in front of you.

CLEARED TO RESUME HIS CAREER

In no country does that statement mean: ONE HIT AWAY FROM DEATH

Lets make a bet than. $50 says he plays next season.

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He'll play but likely won't be for TN

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Anyone who says he isn't going to play is delusional.

6. TheSureThing

probably not. But I'd say we've got as good a chance as anyone.

Tennessee
    Arizona
    Washington
    New York
    Seattle
    Miami

only teams I could legit see going after him...

I don't think he'll want to play for Miami because he'd have to play in a division with Tom Brady and the Jets Defense plus a rising bills team....

Seattle is a longshot because its just a crappy place to live..

I don't think Washington ill make a play like a lot of people seem to think. They seem to be committed to the rebuilding process.

Tennessee, Arizona, or New York...Tennessee makes the most sense IMO..

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Have you ever actually been to Seattle? It's awesome. Had my best memory in sports there. Although Panty Boy probably wouldn't like it because there is no mall J. Alexander's parking lot he can cheat on his wife in like in Chattanooga.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I could actually see Seattle as a likely destination for some reason, seems right.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't know where people keep pulling this from. We have Hasselbeck & Locker. MANY other teams make more sense than TN

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TheSureThing

lol, Hasselbeck is expendable.

I read an article that said if we cut Hasselbeck and signed manning for something like 2 years, 18 million we would only be paying a few million more than when we had Collins and Young on the roster at the same time..

Manning has a home in Tennessee, and he'll probably want to play in division. That's where people are "pulling" it from. It's really not that crazy a thing to say Tennessee makes the most sense from the AFC South considering he played college ball here and is the biggest celebrity since Davy Crockett..

Many teams make more sense? Not really...Go through the entire NFL and only 7 or 8 teams tops would even consider manning. You can narrow that list even further by the teams that Manning would actually consider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar