Peyton in town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We don't know how it's gonna go, he may wanna retire after 2 years. If he under performs, yes you obviously cut him after 2 years and let Locker take over. Admit your mistake before it's too late.

But it's Peyton Manning, a risk we should be willing take.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Neil ODonnell did ok for us.:D

I'm saying if we keep Manning, they will extend Locker's contract. He will be the future, regardless.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I will be happy as long as the Titans work the Manning contract so that it gives them an out after 2 years. They need to be able to cut Manning before Locker's rookie deal expires.

As for the issue of whether Locker would sign an extension, I really doubt he would. He would get far more money on the open market, shopping his services as a starter. Either he is the Titans' starting QB in 2014 (which means that Manning either got cut or retired) or I expect Locker to move on to another team.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I just don't see the point in hiring football people to run your team, allowing them to devise a plan, be a year in to the plan while investing a top ten pick to be the focal point of that plan, then throwing a monkey wrench in it because you write the checks.

That's my main beef with this entire situation. It's the "VY is my guy!" crap all over again. The difference is you have someone who is beloved by the entire state and is going to the hall of fame. Never mind that he's still rehabbing and you'll be investing a crap ton of money into a guy who won't workout.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If we get him, that will be the case. If not, it's because a conversation with Locker had already taken place to extend him (and he's ok with it). Probably not the latter, but I'd expect that if we didn't have an out in Manning's deal after 2 years.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Please. Locker isn't the puss the rest of Manning's backups were, he'll get his reps in practice.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Feel free to argue the overall point and not cherrypick one tiny detail.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Especially when we've seen this team sit on their hands only to land mediocre players every offseason like that one LB from Dallas... can't even remember the meatheads name.

We're usually interviewing special teams players right now.

We're finally being active like we want to win something and people complain.

Again- I HATE Peyton Manning and I love the hell out of this possibility.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Exactly.

Jim Sorgi - 6th round pick
    Curtis Painter - 6th round pick
    Jake Locker - 1st round pick, top 10 overall

It's illogical to use the first two as examples as to why Locker wouldn't get any reps in practice.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Exactly

Everyone complains we do ish all every off season, now we're really being active and we get more complaining.

Hilarious

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar