Peyton in town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If Jake Locker "is the future" what are you freaking out about?

Peyton Manning is the present.

Deal with it.

He's better than Locker will be for the next 2 years at least.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Fry, you are making a lot of good points. People are just it sucksing you because they don't agree with you and they aren't capable of arguing your points.

People need to stop just hitting it sucks and actually refute the stuff other people post.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He won't sign a 2 year deal, correct. He'll sign a 3 year deal... Hasselbeck signed a 3 year deal and we're already talking about him going out the door after 1 season (if we sign Peyton).

See where I'm going with this?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't care about getting "it sucks." I'm very opinionated and I'm here to share that opinion. What else would there be to do on a message board if it was just one big circle-jerk all the time?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

No.

What you're saying is that the Titans will sign Manning to a 3-year deal and then cut him after just 2 years? Is that what you hope happens? That is obviously not what any of us want to happen. It will mean that the whole thing was a failure.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

why not? He gets paid GREAT money to watch Manning play for a few years. The Titans can extend his contract whenever they want. This is ideal for a player. chill for a few seasons under one of the best ever, and be gently eased into the game.

What if he ends up busting??? Then he still earned great money for his first full contract. How much you wanna bet that Gabbert won't last through his full rookie contract? He'll be on the streets well before it's done.

This is a great situation for Locker. Most backups don't get half the money he's making.

Nobody expected PM to ever be a free agent. Not the Titans, no one. You gotta play with the hands you're dealt. One of the best ever became a free agent. You don't pass on that if you have the opportunity.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear ya....but that is one of the perks of being the guy who signs the checks I guess.

I do not think he is senile here....I think he sees lots of butts in seats during a recession when we were flirting with not selling out. That may not be the best strategic (team long term future) plan, but IMO it is his logic here.

The reaction on this board should be an indication of the step change in interest and enthusiasm that we would see if this happens. Again, not necessarily helpful from team strategic goals, but certainly helpful to Bud's pocketbook.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's funny you say that when he's doing the exact same thing.

Still not seeing these "good points", either.

9. TorontoTitanFan

I think you are missing the point. Players make their money on their second contract. Quarterbacks, in particular, get huge second contracts.

If Jake Locker isn't established as an NFL starter by the time his rookie deal expires, he will not get a significant second contract.

That's why he would be unhappy about being a backup for 4 years. That's why I would expect him to ask for a trade.

Any quarterback who is happy to get paid to be a backup is not a quarterback you want on your team.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

True. You have to understand that the Titans are on the cusp of landing one of the biggest NFL free agents in league history so some of us are kinda for that rather than against it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar