Peyton easily wins record fourth MVP (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

FYI, the Colts, and Manning was one of the main reasons for this, set the NFL record for consecutive regular season games won and 4th quarter comebacks in a year.

I think if the Titans were the #2 seed, 12-4, 13-3 etc, then CJ would have won it. At 8-8, it's really hard to say he's the MVP of the league...

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why do people continue to bring up a TEAM'S record when the MVP is for an INDIVIDUAL? That's the most ignorant thing I can fathom.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Because it's hard to say that a player on a .500 team is very valuable. VY was more valuable then CJ this year. We couldn't win without VY, we did a damn good job losing with CJ though. Granted he did everything he could to help us win, when it boils down to it the Most Valuable=He Who Contributes Most to Winning. Peyton Manning.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Again...very long post, so allow me to retort...

I suppose Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Joseph Addai... those are the EXPLOSIVE WEAPONS you're talking about, right? I mean they got Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark. Fo sho. Ballers. Well, Gates is just as good as Clark, probably a better receiver, and the entire Charger receiving core is a bunch of 6'3+ basketball players, all who can run catch and jump. They're LOADED with weapons. They have 4 receivers that are an average of 5 inches taller then the CBs they get paired up against. Not to mention Darren Sproles and LT, who is definitely on the back 9 of his career, but is still effective enough. They have a run game and a pass game, whereas the Colts simply cannot run for the most part. They did a good job of it tonight, but their season consistency simply wasn't there. And the Colts CANT stop the run at all. Again, they did tonight, but looking at the season teams just ran all over them. No way you're convincing me that the Colts had a better D then San Diego. Crazy talk. They have 2 elite Defensive Ends and thats about it. San Diego gave up just 13 more points in the course of the season anyhow, so comparing their defenses is irrelevant, they were both middle of the pack and they both won on offense, like ALL GOOD TEAMS DO IN THIS ERA OF FOOTBALL.

Phillip Rivers threw less TD, less picks, and less yards. IDK how it seems so glaringly obvious that he outperformed Peyton, because its not true. He wasn't even nominated for the Air Player of the Year, so get real man. San Diego also scored 40 more points via rushing TD then the Colts did. IDK where the hell you're getting the notion that San Diego is some weak feeble team with a great QB. On paper they're alongside the Cowboys as the best teams in the league, stacked at every position. Colts and Chargers were numbers 31 and 32 in rushing, Colts being last. So explain to me how the team that scored more rushing TDs and had more rushing yards on more rushing attempts had less help from the ground game. That doesn't make sense.

Some more facts for ya....Mannings worst season as a QB was his rookie year. Since then his rating has NEVER been below an 84. There has only been a single year since his rookie season when they have lost less then 10 games. They sucked that year. Their defense, however, more or less sucks every year. The only constant for the Indianapolis Colts is Peyton Manning. The year the Colts won the Super Bowl they gave up 160 yards a game rushing. Reread that, because it sound absurd, and also excretes on your so called facts. The worst rushing defense in the entire league, possibly in league history, and they won the Super Bowl. Anyone remember who the MVP of that Super Bowl was? Dwight Freeny, surely, maybe Bob Sanders....definitely not Peyton though. He's just a good QB with a GREAT DEFEFNSE and EXPLOSIVE WEAPONS EVERYWHERE. I'm suprised the government hasn't invaded Lucas Oil Stadium if they've really got all the explosive weapons you keep telling us about. The thing is, they don't. They have a great QB who makes average players look incredible.

So on to these ridiculous last two paragraphs. First of all, I want a list of all these QBs that outperformed the MVP/Air Player of the year. Why didn't you notify the NFL, because no one else seemed to notice. And I never said they would lose every game without Manning, or that he should always win (hard to argue with his 131-61 record tho). I'm saying if you take any one player off of any one team in the NFL, he would have the biggest negative impact. Plain and simple. Defense aside, RBs aside, offensive weapons aside, there isn't a player in the NFL that you could take off a team that would hurt them as bad as Peyton. Brees is in the discussion, sure. So are some other ELITE QBs. But RBs simply DONT have that big of an impact. They touch the ball 40-60% of the plays AT VERY MOST, assuming they're NEVER sharing carries. The QB touches the ball EVERY time it gets snapped. He IS the most valuable player on the field. Hell, the QB is the most valuable position in sports.
    And if Manning throws 50+TD and 5500 yards in a season they won't be 8-8. Thats a stupid question. But I suppose if that did happen he'd be the MVP. And if pigs flew I'd be shooting bacon out of the sky. whatever.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol....

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I suppose the Colts #8 ranked defense didn't have much to do with those wins? Who do you think was stopping the other team's offense to ALLOW Manning to come back against them?

Funny, Manning - one of the best Hall of Fame QB's in NFL history can't even get him team to .500 when his defense is bottom of the league...so any wins without looking at relative defenses and offenses is silly.

I didn't suggest CJ SHOULD win the award (though there is certainly an argument one can make), but merely that he should have received at least one vote. Additionally, Manning was outperformed by other QB's who probably deserved it more.

Gut

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You enjoy picking my posts apart way too damn much. Reggie Wayne is not a hall of famer, get real, all of San Diegos receivers are good, not just tall, Sproles KILLS Brown, and you edited my posts to make them seem of a different context. Don't sit there and compare the best RBs ever with the worst QBs ever and insult my intelligence. You can pick apart anything I say if you want to, but I suggest you get a life instead. Take a poll and ask everyone you know who's a better QB....Manning or Rivers. See what they say. Ask em who has the better defense too..... Thanks for playing! I tell ya what....whos playing in the Super Bowl buddy? I'm pretty sure your boyfriend Rivers threw a couple game costing interceptions in his playoff appearance. How many times did Peyton do that? Like I said before, you can bend stats to say whatever. When I look at Manning and Rivers I see a GREAT, HOF QB, who made HOFers out of Clark and Harrison, and a very good, up and coming QB respectively. And Marshal Faulk? Great argument dude, didn't he make his name playing for the Rams? I guess the Kansas City Cheifs should retire their HOF QB Joe Montanas jersey, shouldn't they? And show me some statistics that says the Colts D is ever good, please. You just want to be right but you're soooo damn wrong. Must burn a little.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

They won the super bowl with the worst run defense in the history of the nfl. Quit beating a dead horse. Manning has been below .500 twice in his entire career. Hater. And like I said, give me a list of these other QBs who 'out performed' Manning. Afraid we'll take a look at their relative defenses? Or their run game? Drew Brees is the only one even in the discussion.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Rereading that long post...you either A. directly edited what I typed, or B. completely ignored my point and focused on one sentence out of a paragraph for over half of your responses. Get a clue man. You must be a news reporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar