Peyton easily wins record fourth MVP (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

It is a tough choice as I could see it for Johnson and Manning, but back to the guy that said Manning chokes in the playoffs and you are a better QB if you have more rings. That is plain stupid. Your talents as a qb should not be judged on how many rings you have. Would you want Trent Dilfer over Dan Marino?

2. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

Yeah, IMO it's just a big popularity contest. Peyton probably threw a little temper tantrum just like a 3 year old. He probably went crying to his daddy, just like Eli did when he was drafted. "I don't want to play for the Chargers, daddy, I want to play for the Giants. Daddy make them put me on the Giants" while at the same time folding his arms with a pouty bottom lip. If it's all about the numbers, then it seems like Matt Shaub would have at least been nominated, considering he had a monster year, stats wise. But it's all because he is on a non-popular team. So I personally don't hold any stock in the MVP race anymore, because lately it seems that only the big names win it.

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Their time comes against San Diego in the AFC Championship:grrhee:

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Since this decade began and the Colts have been one of the most dominating teams in the NFL, what has been the single constant on their team?

Don't think it's a QB league? Take a look at the teams playing in January, and take a look at the teams on the sidelines. Now, look at those quarterbacks.

With that said, it is a joke that CJ did not get a vote...he doesn't play defense like someone else said, but neither does Vince or Kerry so we can not give them credit for the WINS our defense gets either, right? They did not 'lead' this team anywhere in our successful seasons.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Agreed, you can put him up there with the greatest of all time; Montana-Unitas-Elway but not ahead of them. Montana won 4 super bowls so that is the standard.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Dan Marino won zero Super Bowls. Am I to assume it is common knowledge he is much worse than Trent Dilfer?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Peyton Manning hasn't ever done anything to win a Superbowl.

He tried his best to choke one away until they took the ball out of his hands and the running backs saved him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

MVP is given to the best player in the league not best player on the best team. Our record doesn't matter, all that matters is the numbers the player put up and no player in NFL history has more yards from scrimmage than Johnson... NO PLAYER IN NFL HISTORY. But I guess that's not good enough right?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:coltssuk:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. pettso

pettso Starter

You guys put way too much emphasis on stats. CJ had a great season but he did not deserve to win MVP, I expected him to get a few votes just for setting that record and breaking 2000, but thats about it.

Manning does a lot more than throw the ball well. He's an integral part of the decisionmaking of the offense. He led his team to a 14-0 (could have easily been 16-0 in my opinion) record while getting two young receivers with little to no experience involved in the offense. He also didn't have a strong running game, something all of the other "top" QBs had, and he didn't have any really shaky performances like the others did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar