Peyton and Colts part ways.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Arizona plays in a dome? Man, I'm out of touch as I had no idea of that fact.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

The Chiefs could then claim to have employed 2 of the best

3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Anyone else enjoying the Colt's fan's tears on thier forums. So nice to see :)

4. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

How much say does Fisher have with the Rams?

Sam took a big step back last season, Rams will also get a nice deal from a team wanting RG3. Plus I think Fisher likes Peyton, and it's in a dome.

you never know.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I have a feeling that the team that signs Manning will be very disappointed.

1. Like someone else pointed out, after the last time he missed any significant time, when he came back he looked pretty rusty, and that was playing in an offense that he knew inside and out, and with a team that he had years of chemistry built up with. He missed far more time this year, and will be going into a brand new offense with a whole new group of players around him.

2. With Indy, Peyton had the perfect system built to suit him. He won't have that anywhere else. No other team has an offense that was run the way the Colts and Manning ran it, and don't tell me "Well Peyton was basically the Colts OC and he can make any offense work like that". Thats BS bc (a) it will take more than just peyton to run an offense like that. It will take getting everyone on that offense to be on the same page and understand the system, and (b) Do you really think that an OC is going to be willing to just concede their game plans to peyton? No. They will try to work their gameplans around Peyton the best they can, but they are not going to relinquish control of the entire offense to Manning like many people seem to think they will.

3. The team that was the best fit for Manning was the Colts before they fired everyone. They had the same system, players and coaches in place to pick up where they had left off the year before. But what did the team that is far more familiar with Manning than any other team do? They cut him ... makes you wonder ...

4. Do you really think that Manning will be 100% by next year? Yeah he was "cleared to play", but that just means he can take a hit without being paralyzed for life. What about his arm strength, do you really think that a 35 yo that couldn't even throw a football for an entire year will be able to get his arm strength back to its former elite level? I don't. Peyton is saying that he is throwing "pretty well" ... Ok that gives me a lot of confidence, especially coming from the guy that acted all offseason like he was going be able to play by the start of the season, we all see how that turned out. He was just saying that so the colts would pay up, so what makes you think he won't say the same thing before this year just to get another pay check?

Manning had a HOF career, but even HOF players' careers have to end, no matter how much people don't want to let go.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm very curious to see how it'll work out.

Arizona definitely makes sense. He won't go to Washington. I think Miami are contenders but you guys don't seem to think so. Seattle would be good too, but Arizona is a better fit.

I'm saying Arizona or Miami.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Peyton & Reggie Wayne to Dolphins. That's my guess.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

49ers could make a play for him as well. They obviously aren't in love with Alex Smith since he isn't signed long term yet. They have a solid OL, have a great TE, RB, and decent WRs. Also the defense can put pressure on the QB if they are playing with a lead.

Interesting thing is that Smith and Manning both have Condon as their agent.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You made TheSureThing wet with this pic.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't hate it, but I personally can't see it happening.

There's too many reasons why we shouldn't pursue Manning.
    1.) Committed to Hasselbeck
    2.) Used the 8th overall pick on a QB just last year
    3.) Winning team without Manning
    4.) Cost
    5.) Baggage (Reggie Wayne)
    6.) Injury
    7.) Titans don't play in a controlled environment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar