Peyton and Colts part ways.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He should not and will not retire (if he's at all healthy).

He will want to go for the passing yard and TD record.

2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

All seismic reporting stations In Tennessee report a 7.5 disturbance theroetically created by Colts jerseys being drop simultaneously across the state.

3. amy

amy Starter

Well, you know, he had a choice. He could have stayed and played for less money-like he needs MORE money!, he could have mentored Luck, and he would have had to fight for his job. So. He likely didn't care too much about the money, but he did not want to mentor and he didn't feel he should have to fight for his job. So really, the offer was not that bad for a 36 year old who could have a season ending injury at any time in any game. He made his choice. end of story. Nothing else to hear; move along, citizens.

4. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

wouldn't it be awesome if he ended up in houston :( Schaub is on the last year of his contract and is only a 1M cap hit if he were released or traded.

oy vey

He woudn't do that to Indy though would he?

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Tennessee will be in the running for Manning and on a short list of teams he actually considers.

I can't guarantee they'll get him and we probably won't hear anything about Tennessee going after him unless they do in fact sign him (wouldn't want to upset Hasselbeck if he isn't signed) but I can't see us not intrigued.

Peyton's phone is undoubtedely going to be blown up the next few days but we can seperate ourselves from a lot of teams with the CAP space we have available. Guys like Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday, and Piere Garcon will certainly influence where Manning goes and vice versa. We have a bunch of money to spend and It would be a big missed oppurtunity if we didn't try to bring in a Wayne/Saturday/Manning package that immediately makes us Superbowl Contenders.

We have a lot going in our favor with the Tennessee connection, CAP space, desire to possibly stay in division, and a need at positions such as Receiver and Center.

I won't be dissapointed if we don't get him and I don't really expect us too given our history but all of you who would "hate" us signing Peyton Manning, the greatest quarterback of all time, you're insane.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Manning would do well in Dallas, not sure of the cap hit to get rid of Romo though. But Dallas would be a good landing spot for him...

1) weapons in Bryant, Austin, Laurent, Witten
    2) good run game with Murray and Jones
    3) solid D
    4) big expensive stadium to fill
    5) Jerry Jones is crazy enough to do it
    6) in Eli's division
    7) Romo sucks

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

why do people think Peyton wants to be in Eli's division???

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why does anyone think he isn't going to sign with Arizona? Every single thing about them is a perfect fit for him. A coaching staff that works great with veteran QBs. A team that plays inside a dome. A weak division. A good defense and run game. Larry Fitzgerald. A place for Reggie Wayne (and Dallas Clark if he's released). Lots of money to pay him (they can easily cut Kolb). It's a slam dunk.

Manning is going to make it seem like he's considering Miami, but it will just be him playing them for leverage (exactly the same way Harbaugh and Fisher both did). In the end, he'll be a Cardinal.

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Arizona and Kansas City make a lot of sense to me

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree with arizona and kc. But he may go to houston to just to stick to Irsay. Schaub is 32 often inj. and in the last year of his deal. They get Peyton and I would think they are the super bowl favorite. I bet wherever he goes, reggie wayne goes as a package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar