Petrus expected to start at LG on Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Fernando Velasco is expected to move back to center on Sunday against the Packers.

With Kevin Matthews out for the rest of the season with a high ankle sprain, the Titans are looking for a new combination in the middle of the line.

Coach Mike Munchak said on Thursday the team is leaning toward playing Mitch Petrus at left guard, which would result in Velasco moving back to center.

“There’s a good chance,’’ Munchak said. “We’ll make a decision (Friday) on exactly what we want to do.”

Velasco started the first 12 games at center before moving to left guard. The Titans claimed Petrus off waivers from the Patriots. When Matthews was injured against the Jets, Kyle DeVan stepped in and finished the game at center while Velasco stayed at left guard.

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans are confident in Petrus.

“He’s been fine. Like I said, it’s not real complicated,” Munchak said. “The team we’re playing, it’s going to be a quick game, it’s going to loud and all those things. As far as assignments, that shouldn’t be a big problem. He’s played, he’s been in quite a few games with the Giants and the Patriots. This guy has been with good football teams, winning football teams. The game is not too big for him by any means.

“He’s been here a couple weeks now, got the system down kind of like what Deuce (Lutui) had to do when all of a sudden Deuce played. If he’s the guy playing guard, then we feel confident he’ll be fine.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Damn, I guess my resume got lost at BSP.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm glad the general has been productive post-affair and resignation.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shoulda had your agent make a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar