Peter King's Final Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

My final mock draft

1. Houston: RB Reggie Bush, USC. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. The Texans want badly to be close to a deal with their first pick by Saturday morning. If they aren't close to terms with Bush, they certainly could switch to Mario Williams.

2. New Orleans: T D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Virginia. So the Saints, sitting happily at No. 2, have this dilemma. In the unlikely event that Bush slips, they'll pounce on him. New Orleans has Bush No. 1 on their board. The dilemma is that they've got four guys very close for No. 2 -- Ferguson, Williams, A.J. Hawk and Matt Leinart. Leinart's out, of course, because of the Drew Brees signing. The Saints would be happy with any of the other three, though I think they'd be happiest with Ferguson. If any team makes the right offer, the Saints could easily trade down a couple spots and take Hawk.

3. Tennessee: QB Matt Leinart, USC. OK, so I'm one of the few people not giving the Titans Vince Young in the last 24 hours. Call it a hunch. Best under-the-surface story in this draft is how Bud Adams, the Tennessee owner who lives 365 days a year in Houston, wants to stick it to the politicos there and bring the local hero, Young, into Reliant Stadium every season for the next 10 years to torment the Texans. I don't know. I'm not buying it. GM Floyd Reese isn't paying an offensive coordinator a mil a year just to ignore the coordinator's advice.

That's it. That's the list. ;)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-myfinalmockdraf&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Looks like the Saints hold the cards on Bush. I expect they will have many offers for the #2 pick and we will not be able to meet their demands. If they are smart they would trade down, pick up a bunch of picks and draft Hawk or Winston Justice.

3. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

hes wrong. Mario = #1

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think he allowed for that.

"If they aren't close to terms with Bush, they certainly could switch to Mario Williams."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar