Peter King Article on Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought Locker showed us a lot last year with his competitive fire playing with a division 2 college like offensive line. We had nobody to block for him but he still didn't play terrible.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uhh... we're only 3 games deep, partner. They could be plenty bad and tied for first in the division. Actually- the only way you're NOT tied for first in our division is to be Jaguars-bad.

Do you know who they've beaten?

The Raiders. BARELY. Yes.... RAIDERS. I'll let you sit and think about that one. It took an interception by Terrelle Pryor (yes, he plays QB in the NFL for that team) for the Colts to escape that one.

They got their arses kicked by the Dolphins. Which is the only reason your boy Luck has so many passing yards per average... because he was playing catch-up.

And they beat the god-awful (as of now) 9ers... a team that looks like they MIGHT win 6 games this year if they don't get healthy soon.

OMG

OMG!! 250 WHOLE yards? Wow! He must be an elite QB if he can mass 250 whole yards per game! Hell... even Jake Locker can do that. Impress me if you're going to pull numbers. Jesus. 250 "TOTAL" yards offense? There's no excuse why he hasn't averaged 250 yards PASSING alone.

Instead he's had: 178, 321, and 159. Oh, now I get the hype! ESPN was right! Manning who?!

2 turnovers. And only 3 passing TDs in 3 games.... again, let me remind you that they played the RAIDERS.

Are these numbers supposed to be the lone reasons the Colts are good? Because 1 player, Andrew Luck, has mediocre numbers?.... Sorry. Not buying it.

92?! If he keeps working, he might be able to reach the level of the following:

Michael Vick
    Ryan Tannehill
    Jay Cutler
    Andy Dalton

He'd better watch out though! Because Alex Smith is right on his heels followed by Cam Newton and Jake Locker!!.... Yeah. I don't think this is going the way you intended.

Wait. You telling me the team that has played opposing QBs like Terrelle Pryor, Colin Kaepernick, and Ryan Tannehill is looking good in pass defense??

Unbelievable! Considering 2 of those 3 QBs have as many ints as td passes... hard to believe. The "good" one of the 3 (the one that beat them) only has half as many ints as td passes. Go figure!

Weird. With all that rushing power, you wonder why they just traded away their 2014 first round draft pick, huh?

Once again... they've played... who?

Oh. Well if the 9ers beat the RAMS... well that definitely proves they're not a bad team with tons of injury problems.

1. They got Vernon Davis back for this game.
    3. It's the Rams. You know... the Rams? Watch them sometime. Tell me what you think.

Actually it's not. Considering:

1. They barely beat the Raiders.
    2. They looked bad against the Dolphins.
    3. In facing 3 average offenses... they rank in the middle of the NFL in defense.
    4. In facing 2 bad defenses and 1 good defense... they rank 12th in offense. WHOOO!!

Forgive me, Gut. Maybe I was harsh and exaggerated when I said they were "bad".

The Raiders, Browns, Jags, Buccs, Rams, etc are "bad". The Colts are just... at the very best: Average.

Sorry to break it to you, but beating this years' 9ers team doesn't make you good. And you'll find that out in a few weeks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Numb...totally numb.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The Colts D was swarming against the 9ers....I thought they looked very fast and very good. And their offense has a weapon in Richardson. They lined up and just ran down the 9ers throats. Stop Wayne and Bradshaw and we have a good chance...but Luck is the deal and looks like one of those guys who will be like Peyton and be good with plug and play receivers. He also runs a heck of a lot better than given credit. That bootleg fake out of the 9ers looked like something we would have sold out on.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'll go ahead and say it. The colts are eight-point favorites against the Jags this weekend and they don't cover.

Blaine Gabbert is 3-1 against the Colts and 2-20 against the rest of the league.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I think the colts will cover it, pagano is a decent coach and won't let his team fall in to a trap game. Blaine Gabbert can have that record against the colts but the jags as a team are just absolutely terrible and that's why they will loose by 8. If seattle can cover 19.5 half points with a few for insurance, then the colts can cover 8

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

lol wut

For real? 2-1 against the Colts:makefun:

8. Deuce Wayne

Where is all this Luck love coming from?? I don't understand. He's barely looked better than Jake so far and many of us think Jake sucks. haha

Which was the case last year also. Luck sucked... yet everyone was still saying "Oh man, that Luck! He's amazing! Ignore his mediocre numbers, and just listen to what ESPN is saying!"

Everyone but the Rams have looked good vs the 9ers so far. Take that for what it's worth.

And their defense has given up 27 points or more in 3 out of 4 games. Hardly the team they were last year.

Combine that with losing their best weapons like Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Patrick Willis and Colin Kaepernick, Justin Smith, L James, etc were all hurt.

The Colts get the Jags Sunday, so they'll get to pretend for at least another week.

But actually watch them play. They're average at best- and ALL the evidence says this.

But then again- all evidence suggests that Andrew Luck is a mediocre QB, but everyone has been brainwashed into thinking otherwise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

I'll bet 8,000 dollars of my "mullah" that they lose 4 of their next 5 games.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You're willing to bet 8k that the colts lose their next 4 games? Or the niners?

Either way, I'll take that bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar