Personalities Big Part of Success for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Maybe this is a phenomina only available in Tennessee.

The ability not to believe that something has happened.

But to believe that something will happen....Maybe it's called faith?

It can make football games very enjoyable...

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I can vouch for Gunny. He's been a well-spoken supporter of Vince. What you guys fail to comprehend, is that he's saying Vince isn't the sole reason for the team's recent success. And he's absolutely correct.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and maybe it is because since I went to the games we been on a winning streak.

I call it the Gunny effect, it is the reason we are winning. If I didn't go we'd be 5 - 10

:rolleyes:

5. GOFIGURETITANS

That's funny gunny. Hmmmm, was it because you were cheering sooo loud when we were on defense? If that's the case then maybe you were right. Keep going and maybe we'll keep winning. I am calling for everyone at this site to pull together and buy gunny season tickets for next season. We'll be undefeated.

I didn't realize a fat guy with a beer in the stands could pass and run for touchdowns...

oh, oh, oh, and be named rookie "fat guy in the stands" four times.

Was Vince the only rookie in the league? Hmmm

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Man, it was a joke guy. :ha:

Emotions run too high here for some of y'all, and your feelings get hurt too easily by jokes.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't drink and not fat.

As Kami said, chill.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

I am chilled. I am here laughing. I love good debate.

don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?

[​IMG]

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

plenty of things.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Vince is the number one reason for the turn around. It was obvious to me, in attendance, at the early games, we only "sparked" the few drives Vince were in, although some of those ended badly. It was just the feeling the the team picked up, played sharper, when he was out there.

That being said, he isn't the only reason, but I think he is the biggest reason.

So, what's the arguement, is Vince the only reason or the biggest reason? Or is this just discussing the personalitites that are part of the success?

Well, here's to the others that deserve credit... Mawae i think has done a good job of mentoring our offensive line. I think the article where he knows the refs by name pretty much speaks volumes about his dedication to the game.

On defense, I always hear a lot about KVB's work ethic. I would think Hope would deserve some credit for his play, probably coming from the superbowl team his attitude has helped the other db's.

Personality-wise, I give Vince most of the credit for improving the entire team's outlook, and probably the coaches as well. Many others attitudes/personalities contributed of course and I say props to Mawae, KVB, Hope and others as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar