Perry Fewell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Our secondary isn't our problem, well maybe Hope is, but it's mainly the lack of a consistent pass rush. Last year Cortland was exposed as a No.2 corner, so perhaps we get back to having him stay put on one side of the field... I truly believe if we 1.) get bigger in the middle, 2.) eliminate the dumb penalties, and 3.) add a MLB who can go sideline to sideline we're set on defense. We're probably 2 good acquisitions away from being a top 10 defense. Sounds too easy, but I feel the talent is there, just shake up the scheme a little. Weeks 1-7 we blitzed and it worked. After our bye, we stopped capitalizing on other teams mistakes, and to me that attributed from not sending pressure as much. Hell, week-2 when we blew the Steelers game, we turned the ball over a lot, and still only gave up so many points. Also, getting Morgan back will help a great deal. If we could at one point lead the league in sacks with Babin & Ball, how good can we be with real talent....

Perry Fewell is a guy I think could get this defense on the right track, but the QB is still a looming question mark. Is Fewell capable of fixing the QB position? I also wonder, what would happen in the event the next head coach asks to keep Vince Young? Would that immediately kill talks with that coach?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

According to Underwood, the new head coach would have the ability to bring in his own people regardless of the extensions.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I hope that is the case, and it doesn't stop them from bringing in someone outside the organization. Like another poster said, we're talking about what, $5 million, but the $4 or so they agreed to pay Fisher. That is not a lot to throw away to make sure we get the right coach and staff in place.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Fewell must be the guy I saw on NFLN last night when a story about Fisher was on...the sound was off and could not hear what they were talking about, but they showed some asst from the Giants and were also showing Dinger.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yep..that was Fewell.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd be all for Fewell.

Doubt he even gets an interview here.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm down with Fewell as well, as long as he brings in an innovative offensive coordinator. Fewell can run the D, but I want the West coast offense or something like what the Saints run.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gotta have a great QB to play like the Saints. Put Brees on our team and we're Super Bowl contenders.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I would love Fewell, he brings energy and experience to the table and he has a very good reseme. I think the mix of this energy and experience would be hugely beneficial to us. I think he will get an interview and I really hope they strongly consider hiring him, it would do the Titans fans depression a whole lot of good.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Totally agree. He better be interviewed at the very least, or I'm not gonna be a happy camper :). I really don't see Munch, great player, but I'm not sold on him as a head coach. Fewell is hungry and has a pretty sweet resume, he should be our guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar