Perry Fewell - We should have hired him and we still should

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 29, 2012.

?
  1. Perry Fewell

53.3%
  2. Stick With Munch

13.3%
  3. Greg Williams

6.7%
  4. A TV commentator like Bill Cower, Chucky Gruden or Brian Billick

13.3%
  5. Jim Schwartz (When he is fired by Detroit)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. A college guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Another NFL coordinator

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Along with Mike Munchak the Titans also considered Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey and Perry Fewell as head coach. We will never know how serious they were about Fewell or the other two for that matter. Fewell could have just been a token interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. The whole thing could have been a dog and pony show with Munchak being their guy all along.

In the end we got a head coach who had never been a head coach, assistant head coach or even a coordinator before. Furthermore, he had only coached in one organization and with one head coach his entire career. He was then saddled with a weak coachings staff thanks to the timing of his hiring.

Perry Fewell meanwhile is starting to become a desireable candidate as a head coach.
    [​IMG]

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Greg Williams

uhhhhhhhhhh

what?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wanted Fewell last time, so I'd be all about it.

Bud wont ever get rid of his boy though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not so convinced Perry Fewell really knows what he's doing. He gets called in everywhere every year, but yet for some reason he's still calling defensive plays for the Giants. I know he's only been there for 3 seasons, but he hasn't been called back by any team both the years he went in for interviews.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Actually never mind, I just realized the Giants were too busy winning the Super Bowl last year for Perry Fewell to have a fair shot at any head coaching jobs. Only idiots wait til February to replace their coaches LOL.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was really impressed when Perry took over for Dicky J in Buffalo. He was able to figure out the following:
    • That Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Trent Edwards
    • That you should not try and have a power offence when you have a terrible O line and WR is your strongest position
    He has proven himself well with the Giants.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

NO. RAY HORTON. HE HAS CORNROWS!

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I was most in favor of Fewell out of the lame, lame, LAME candidates the FO offered up.

But I will say this, Fewell was also interviewed by the Panthers, Broncos and BROWNS and didn't get any of those jobs either. Perhaps there's a reason for that? Like maybe he's one of those guys that should just be a coordinator. Kinda like how our HC should just be a position coach.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's what I'm talking about! I bet we win a ring for each row!

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

"We just need to get Perry Fewell or Dennis Green in here for an interview, then we'll announce your hiring. Welcome aboard!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar